Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear.
    my condolences.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Please accept my condolences.

Comment

May he rest in peace...
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

C. M;

Been here a lot longer time than that, but hadc to re-reg in 2001 due to a db error of some kind. He was 78.

Thanks guys.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 October 2003, 12:24.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My prayers are with you and your family, Doc.

Comment

My Condolences.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Please accept my condolences
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I am sorry for your loss Dr. M. I wish you, your wife, mother-in-law and all others all the strenght to deal with this loss.

Umf
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Thanks for the condolences guys. They're much apreciated.

The funeral went as expected;

there were almost 400 at the funeral (including a sea of uniforms: Fire, Police, USMC and VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars for those overseas) and they had to use all four chapels & open the connectors. The eulegy was given by the Mayor, who was also one of his closest friends for over 30 years. He related stories about how they met and what a big tease & comedian Neil was.

They had to close two major roads to accomodate the 200+ car procession which stretched most of the way from the funeral home to the cemetary. Some attendees had to park in a nearby shopping center & walk to the cemetary.

When we got to the entrance there were fire engines (one each from two cities) on either side with their ladders raised forming an arch for the procession to pass under. There was also an honor guard from each city on either side fo the entrance saluting as he passed. Motorcycle cops had traffic closed off on one of the major highways in the Detroit area (Ford Road for those who know the region). Ford Road just doesn't get totally closed down, so this is was a major honor.

For the cemetary services there were full honor guards from the fire & police departments of two cities, the USMC and the VFW with the pall bearers being firefighters from his department. The wake filled the Masonic hall and lasted for hours.

Neil got one helluva sendoff.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 November 2003, 10:03.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X