The Future???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future???

Have any of you guys ever heard of this? It's pretty funny (and kinda sad). Just wondered what you guys thought of it.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Yup. He's delusional. People have talked with his father. The man is mentally ill.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Talked to his father?? I didn't even know they knew what his real identity was. Can you provide a link or a source of your info?
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

well, the thing that really bursts his bubble is the draving of his "time machine"

I clearly remember seeing that in an mag with dravings of "german W2 secrets"
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hey, you never know.. maybe some nazi escaped into the future and gave him the machine.

Comment

sum psycho dude think his from the future so waht
              WaterCooled!
              AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
              Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
              512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
              Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

Steven Koonts wrote a book about that

Lets Rip John Titors time traveling claims to peices:

Time machine:

The thing is just to damn small to containe not only one but TWO miniature black holes!!!
                Yes cern is aparatly trying to make black holes the sise of a neutron (or was it proton?!) and their accelerator are GIGANTIC, and during the last 30 years the trend has been that they only becomes more GIGANTIC.

Even if they have a magical wizmojig, that can be fitted in that small box he would still need a powersource that makes a large scale fission reactor seem puny.

The time machine uses those singularitys to generate a massive gravity anomali, that strangely enough are restricted to a tight sphere that are holow.
                Touching that sphere would instantly stretch you out on that surface but amazingly it don't affect the air around or inside it?!?

It all to much reminds me of all those stories where superman "cleared a path" through the earth for a "antimatter space ship" with broken steering mechanism, sadly as with those stories they forget that air do exist and are matter
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think he's a whacko too, but has anyone seen or read somewhere about what his true identity is? Where did you get that info about people talking to his dad Wombat? I have someone at work who believes in this crap and would love to find any info that disproves it all, but I haven't found anything yet and it's getting annoying...
                  System Specs:

Comment

Just tell them to wait for 30-40 years...

J1NG

Comment

or 2005 there will be a civil war in the states

Comment

For the absolute conclusion of this...

J1NG

Comment

nothing that disproves him?!?!?!?!

The reason that THAT guy whent back in time (according to himself) is because he clamies they need a certine peice of HW to translate a program language to another to debug a legacy Unix program!
                          Because they cant do it at all

That is akin to having Cave men with bone spears and LASER SIGHTS

On the site defending him they are pointing out that even NASA hunts for old stuff on the internet, but that is because of lack of funds to produce those things NEW in small batches (just think on how astronomically high the prices are on SIMM memory sticks :P )

Anyway, as Chrono_Wanderer said:
                          Its just a year or so untill we can be sure

but ofcoarse the "believers" will just start dragging in the "alternat reality" crapp

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                            nothing that disproves him?!?!?!?!

The reason that THAT guy whent back in time (according to himself) is because he clamies they need a certine peice of HW to translate a program language to another to debug a legacy Unix program!
                            Because they cant do it at all

That is akin to having Cave men with bone spears and LASER SIGHTS

On the site defending him they are pointing out that even NASA hunts for old stuff on the internet, but that is because of lack of funds to produce those things NEW in small batches (just think on how astronomically high the prices are on SIMM memory sticks :P )

Anyway, as Chrono_Wanderer said:
                            Its just a year or so untill we can be sure

but ofcoarse the "believers" will just start dragging in the "alternat reality" crapp
                            Yeah, I know. Common sense should tell you that this is bs, but some people don't have common sense...

Heh, I'd like to know who wins the civil war so I can join that side.
                            System Specs:

Comment

Well that's the thing - his rambling doesn't make much sense. He implies that Russia wins the ICBM war... but that the "people in the countryside" win the civil war (uhh... ok) and ... see he's more confused than we are.

I love the person who wrote the page... "There's something haunting about (John Titor)."

Yeah, that something is called "schizophrenia".

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X