• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Enterprise get any more lame?

Originally posted by KRSESQ
    Can Enterprise get any more lame?
    That depends on whether you've see the beauty and the beast episode yet

The cowboys in space episode runs it a close second though
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
      Never challenge Worse!

I think the biggest problem is that it's not Bold. It doesn't have any bold characters.
      Yeah, it was nice to see Scott Bakula on Enterprise, but his character, Captain Water Polo, and his general personality don't suit Trek at all.

Comment

The total implausibility of the "Cowboys In Space" episode still staggers me. Humans kidnapped from the American West three centuries previously were able to develop a metalurgical and chemical industry sufficient to provide them with six-shooters and ammo, and a textile industry sufficient to keep them in stetsons, and they've made NO OTHER social or technological progress in all that time? Preposterous*!

Maybe this was the dreaded "jump the shark" episode.

Kevin

*But then, so was much of TOS's third season.

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
          Hoping for more "decontamination gel" scenes I assume.
          chuck
          Damn, I've been missing those!

Comment

Isn't it called science _fiction_ for a reason? I kinda like the series.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
              Isn't it called science _fiction_ for a reason? I kinda like the series.
              I think you are missing the fine points here

We don't dislike it because its sci-fi, we dislike its because its BAD sci-fi

And to make it Worse its BAD RERUN sci-fi

and they they have the "locked room" story problem.

According to the rules they have to stay inside that room, but instead they can't and to make it worse, they just done't walk out of the room, they drive the Enterprice - E through one of the walls

(and for those that don't get it:
              The series is happening before several other series chronologicaly, so to not break continuity they have to set up precice rules of what can be done and not. but not only have they failed to set up rules, if they had they would be slaughtering said rules by the minute)
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ahh, but they'll whip out the temporal cold war thing and rewrite history.

Comment

Bah Star Trek TNG was the best I think!

So far, here is what I think of them all...

1-TNG great variety of episodes, a bit of humor and good fighting scenes

2-DS9 was a soap opera which got better the last few episodes

3-Voyager, well this one was alright, they really blew the ending BIG time, was hopeing for a more dramatic ending and what ever happened to the crew?

4- Enterprise, I agree with you all, it is a bit lame. Couldn't stand it more than a few episodes.

Cheers,
                  Elie

Comment

As it's one of the few SF things I can get - through various means - I actually enjoy it. from a franchise perspective it is a little lame, but I prefer to view it as a stand alone series - and I try not to worry to much about continueity errors.
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The latest series just started on Sky One in the UK last night. I thought it was an improvement on previous series, but reading through this post has squashed my hopes a little for a sustained performance.

I have to admit the 'Neural Pressure' scene, and t'pol's new suits did add to the enjoyment

FT.

Comment

I would stay away from Vulcan women.. fridgid as hell for seven years then mad. If you have ever seen the "Amok Time" episode of the original series, you will understand.

Comment

IKWYM, but I think she may be thawing

Vulcan women probably have a dating ritual:

1st date: Have wild sex
                          3 months later: Man gets out of hospital
                          7 years later: Have 2nd date...

FT.

Comment

Working...
                          X