X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as long as you don't sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
      Chuck, if you love db design so much, swing over this way, I have an access db to convert to sql - only 120 tables (all in Japanese) I can give it to you free
      When you decide to convert it to Oracle give me a call, I'd love to help.
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

ahh you see therein be the problem, postgresql is free, Oracle is not.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Unless you don't buy it.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

and then sell it...

Comment

In that case, you'd be making money!
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Untill the lawsuit!
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yup, we finally start to understand each other

Comment

I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I was told along time ago that the first rule to investing is to never invest what you can't afford to lose.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                      I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I was told along time ago that the first rule to investing is to never invest what you can't afford to lose.

Joel
                      Doesn't make a bit of difference untill you sell.....
                      chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Chuck, quit it now, OK?

Joel, that is kinda very sensible advice. Some would say that even holding cash consitutes an investment and would advise to invest what you can't afford to loose in liquid assets (where "liquid" means that the value in dollar terms is as stable as possible, which tends to be dollars themselves). But yes, you are right. It becomes a bit harder though when you are planning long term.

Comment

Working...
                        X