No announcement yet.

Ok so its Monday the 8th....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to taxation hell. But its worth it to live in Canada. Worth every penny. Congrats!!
    Bart

Comment

Congrats SD.
      So where are you headed to in Canada?

Comment

Montreal for now ... looking for some french teaching software... dont have the time for conventional lessons
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

The dragon moves to Canada, sweet !

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
            Welcome to taxation hell. But its worth it to live in Canada. Worth every penny. Congrats!!
            It's especially worse in Quebec, we tax our own tax!

Let's do some math!

Item 1.00$ CND
            Federal: 7% 0.07$ CND
            Subtotal 1.07 + Provincial: 8% = Total: 1.1556 round to nearest (cause then were getting screwed even more)1.16$

Ontarios's Total: 1.15$
            Alberta's Total: 1.07$ (no provincial taxes but it's one helluva windy province!)
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Congrats SD I hope you are truly happy over there. I've visited both coasts (and Alberta) and loved the country.

T.
              FT.

Comment

@zokes: how about BC taxes?
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                  @zokes: how about BC taxes?
                  BC sales tax is a total of 14.5%.. not sure about income tax there, but chances are it is pretty close to the rest of the country.
                  weather there is nice.. if you like rain. Snow is just up in the mountains if you miss it. House prices in Vancouver are nuts though.. seem to start at around $400.000 CDN for a fully detached house! which is almost twice that of a house Around Toronto and about 4 times that of a house in St. Johns, Newfoundland
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Fully detached here start about $120,000. (about an hour west of Toronto)
                    Best job opertunities would be in Montreal or Toronto area, I'd try to stay close to either of these, unless you have a good lead.
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Congrats SD! Its great to have a little fire in the cold Hopefully you love Canada, a great place with people of all race (and live happily and peacefully)

Originally posted by TransformX
                      Good luck SD, I hope it's not going to be too much of a cultural shock to you since northern hemisphere people tend to be somewhat colder, like their climate.
                      LOL@transformer! Canadians are also known for being friendly and warm (probably because of the cold, we understand we need to depend on each other). Its more like the other way around, in the North people are a lot more friendly. (if not the most)

Comment

congrats man!
                        Took my parents 5 years to get bloddy permanment residence visa for australia. I envy you, for doing it in such shorter time

Comment

Well done SD

I am really pleased for you

RedRed
                          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Congrats SD and welcome to a new perspective on the world.

And please, when you do get here, take some time to vist the US and see that we are not a bunch of warmongering, murderous thugs, running around with guns shooting anyone who doesn't agree with us.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

But what part of the US specifically would he have to go for that?
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                                Congrats SD and welcome to a new perspective on the world.

And please, when you do get here, take some time to vist the US and see that we are not a bunch of warmongering, murderous thugs, running around with guns shooting anyone who doesn't agree with us.

Joel
                                In other words, avoid Texas.
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X