Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get a free pc - with ad breaks

http://www.metronomy.co.uk/
    Welcome to Metronomy, the revolutionary new concept which provides a FREE IBM HOME PC in exchange for your commitment to watch up to 3 minutes of advertising per hour of use.
    hmm, why not. If used as a server, it's switched on all the time.

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

this looks to me just as a new form of spy-ware
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

get the PC, take it apart and use it as spare parts.

"You have not been watching your required 3 minutes of ads."

"I don't ever turn it on."

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
        get the PC, take it apart and use it as spare parts.

"You have not been watching your required 3 minutes of ads."

"I don't ever turn it on."

Jammrock
        Read the license agrement!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

They could make v. cheap distributed computing boxen though (although limited to 1 per household...)
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Makes me wonder why I have to pay good money for a TV that seems to be approaching 20 minutes of commercials per friggen hour.
            You'd think they could give TVs away free too using that business model.
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Better yet, just don't get a TV. I haven't had one for over 5 years.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

read ... ?
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I've got a TV, but it's only hooked up to a DVD player and occasionally my PC. Got a piece of coax with one end split a part to form a dipole that'll do an ok job of picking up the local stations when there's severe weather and I don't feel like leaving the computer plugged in to monitor the radar. But even then I use my 2m ham radio to listen to the actual facts about the situation from the official storm chasers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    Better yet, just don't get a TV. I haven't had one for over 5 years.
                    I didn't have one while I was a School Teacher. No time...
                    As it is we have it mainly for new/weather and movies.
                    chuck

PS Jammer, we have thousands of books in our house.
                    I can't bear to part with them.
                    I still have the SciFi stuff I had in high school 33 - 37 years ago.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually "click this to accept" is no longer a valid "contract", at least not under US Contract Law.

Neither is "by opening this you agree..."

Gotta love the Supreme Court.

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Don't you need consideration for a valid contract anyway? Even if a nominal sum? That's why you see companies being bought for "a dollar".

Comment

Actually for a family that isn't well off that needs a pc for the kids to use for school. It isn't such a bad system.
                          Chepo ISP dial-up account - dial in the once a month and at least the kids have a word processer for school/uni
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

True. In fact I suspect that the economics for the company running the scheme are dodgy and it won't last more than a year... tech support provision will kill them or their reputation.

Comment

Working...
                            X