"CornerShot" shoots around corners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CornerShot" shoots around corners...

An assault weapon that can shoot around corners by bending and using an electronic telescopic sight;

Article....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 December 2003, 01:23.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This concept was already there during WW2, only they were using optical sights instead of cameras.

Comment

I could swear I had a toy gun that did that when I was a kid in the 50's
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

It's a regular Pistol (Glock17, Beretta M92F, HK USP), not an Assault weapon...(AFAIK, there are no "Assault weapons" only mean-looking guns).

This is NOT for MOUT/House clearing exercises, this is for hostage rescue/Barricaded suspects...the weapon itself is still a target, though. Anybody here thought about a regular old Sield with an SMG attached to it?

The Concept is nice, but the Ergonomics of the weapon make it barely practical. An Experienced MP5 Operator can slice the corner and pop a perp at lot faster and with better reliability (I'm not super keen on using an autopistol to hand that sort of a situation.).
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Didnt the germans have a smiser (SP) that had an elongated curved barrel?
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

The MP40 is NOT a Schmeisser, and there is no evidence Hugo Schmeisser ever worked on the MP38 or MP40.

The Germans and the US played with several "round the corner" barrel attachments consisting of a ramp that would guide the bullet around the corner. They had a limited lifespan and displayed dismal accuracy.

The Germans tried on the Their MP-40s, the U.S. at least prototyped such an attachment for the M3 "greasegun".
            Last edited by MultimediaMan; 17 December 2003, 05:04.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Thanks MMan....

RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Ah another weapon too sell to a tin pot country and then have it used against you.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The weapons designer/manufacturer was on cable news today saying it's sales will be severely restricted.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have no idea why... It's not like it's an uber-weapon.

$5K for a Pistol. Not even a true Submachinegun. Not many departments are going to cough up the money for one of those contraptions.

The idea of the "Gun in the Shield" as suggested Leonardo Da Vinci has more merit.

Comment

Working...
                    X