Too good to be true? Free money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good to be true? Free money?

http://www.instantecommerce.co.uk/ - any opinions?

Here's the text in the email advertising this:

How does £50k a year extra profit sound?
    'PCBuilder' is a web system that gives you a new web site customised to your name and company logo, offering a range of PCs for sale online, with a 'custom configure' option so your customers can browse and order exactly the machine they want.
    Here's how it works - you could be earning money within a week:

1 Sign up for your own simple to use PC sales web site, with your choice of name and logo. No upfront costs, no long term contract, simply 'pay as you go'.
    2 You promote your site in any way you choose: Local / national ads, online, leaflets, existing customers - its up to you (our ongoing help and advice is free).
    3 Your new customers order their PC online, choosing either from the base systems listed, or using the full online 'build your own' customization feature.
    4 We process the customer's credit card, build and ship the PC direct, handling the included on-site warranty etc. No time involvement by you and no risk.
    5 We send you a monthly cheque for the profits: The difference between the fixed cost and the retail price you set.
    FT.

It's just a new way to promote themselves.
    A simple new way to spend advertising money, YOU spam for them.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

No, you have to work - you are in effect a marketing person on commission. Probably a very small commission as well. What about tech support? Are you landed with that responsibility?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

From what I've read, yes you have to do the marketing, but in my experience if you do a good job then these things are self perpetuating. They handle the on-site warranty.

To me the biggest concern is that you have no control over quality and customer service. I have a good reputation and get repeat customers...how do I know these people have the same?

Here's their example site: http://www.gooddealpc.co.uk/

T.
        Last edited by Fat Tone; 10 February 2004, 03:23.
        FT.

Comment

You don't.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

. . . and they aren't.

Comment

Sounds like another AMWAY to me.

Pyramid scheme anyone?

Comment

Working...
              X