Annoying users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying users

I hate it when users ring up determined they know best.

User: The network is down I'm in room 4.6.

ME: Okay what makes you think the network is down.

User: I can't login and some people on floor 14 can't login either.

No one else from from the 4th floor have complained so it's likely that the user has forgotten his password, keyboards duff or the network card has either become unplugged or just lost it's ip Address.

ME: Is the Novell client up on your screen.

User: Yes

ME: Can you click on workstation only.

User: The username changed I can't login.

ME: Whats normally in there.

User: I'll try it blank it still doesn't work I've done this loads of times.

ME: Can you just put your username in there.

User: I don't want Novell I want to login.

ME: Yes but NOvell overides the XP login now can you try..

User: Look I just want the workstation login I don't want Novell I know what I'm doing.

ME: Looks like a password problem so I need to send someone over to blow the password away so can you..

User This is useless click...

Didn't even have the chance to ask him to try administrator and blank password.

So whats the odds

a) The user has forgotten his password.

b) The keyboard is duff.

c) The network was down.

I go for A so we'd still have to go and blow the password away as he's likely to be sole administrator anyway.

One case where remote desktop would have been useful.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

heh, maybe his workstation crashed because of the millions of popups done by a pR0n-site. nobody wants to explain his boss that an admin was called because of a wank-session in the office
    Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Originally posted by lAmerZ
      heh, maybe his workstation crashed because of the millions of popups done by a pR0n-site. nobody wants to explain his boss that an admin was called because of a wank-session in the office

You'd be surprised how many people manage to get pron on their machines. Always an accident and also impossible to prove as the last few times theres always been trojan that downloads the pron present.

The ones I like best are the trim and proper people who come in demanding what is this file and how did it get there. They quiet if a man tells them it's pron dialer and even quieter if it's a women.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X