People suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People suck

Ran out to grab some burgers and pick up a new DVD with the kids (they been buggin me to let em get the new Spy Kids 3).

So, on the way home we're in a double left turn lane (in the right lane). As we make the turn, some twit in a Ford F150 p/u in the left lane just sort of drifts over into our lane and his front bumper tags our left quarter panel. Jerk then bolts to the left into a parking lot, and takes off. No way for us to go after him, as we're trapped in the right lane with several other cars blocking us in. Of course nobody will let us over. By the time I got to a spot where I could get over, and into the parking lot, the jerkwad was long gone.

Fortunatly, this car is a POS anyway, and he hit me in almost the exact spot where the quarter panel is already damaged. So it's no great loss to me, but it still twists my shorts to know that some gomer would smack into another vehicle and take off without so much as an apology
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

He probably didn't have any insurance.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

ef'er
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'd have to agree with Bobby, probably drunk and Jammy, no insurance.

Two wrongs don't make a right, if thrice should be jailed for a minimum of a year with loss of license for year per count
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Did you get his license plate number?

At this point you could've charged him with hit and run / dangerous driving!!!

Comment

Yea, the guy could get in a load of trouble for leaving the scene of an accident, but I never got a look at his plates.
            I talked to a couple ppl I saw in the parking lot, but none of them had any info, as they didn't see it happen, and didn't take any notice of the truck or it's plates as it went through the parking lot.
            All I saw was his headlight in my driver side view mirror, heard and felt the thump, and saw the side of the truck as it ditched out to the parking lot to the left.
            It was a very minor hit...more like a light tap. My son thought we hit a rock or speed bump in the road.
            If it was just me in the car, I woulda driven like a maniac to catch the moron, but with 2 kids in the car, that wasn't an option.
            As I said...it's no big deal damage wise. The car was already dented in that area. It's just the principal...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

yeah, you should have gone after him, but i can understand. for now i guess all we can hope for is that the guy gets his one day. eh hehehe.
              "both boredom and hysteria are the enemies of reason." -cliff geertz

Comment

He will.
                I do believe what comes around goes around (charma, if you wanna call it that).
                In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he got pulled over 5 mins later, and got arrested for drunk driving.

Comment

Prob a 16yo with a brand new license being an idiot and thinking his lane was the one with the option to go straight. He probably just shit his pants when he did that. Maybe he will go home and daddy will see the dent on his new truck and beat the crap outta him.

Comment

/me crossing my fingers to that
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I was lucky friday... It was snowing/freezing, so I was driving a bit slower than the speed limit.

On a 2-lane (one in each direction) a car closes in behind me. There is opposing traffic. All of a sudden, he decides to overtake, but he clearly had no room to do so. Both the opposing car and I had to hit the brakes (and risk slipping), he missed us by a couple of inches...

Due to snow, I didn't get his license plate...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sometimes there is a happy ending to these stories. My brother parked his 2002 BMW 330xi in a mall parking lot around christmas. When he came out, there was a guy waiting for him beside his freshly damaged car. Somebody had cut through an open space beside him, and clipped his front left corner, damaging the fender, front bumper, headlight, and the front corner of the hood. The guy who was waiting witnessed the event, and watched the old rusty pickup truck keep on driving and then park in a different part of the parking lot. The two of them went over to the truck, called the cops, and waited for the guy to come out of the mall. Luckily the guy was civil when he came out, because he was about 300lbs of hairy biker . He admitted to the whole thing, so the cop didn't charge him with leaving the scene, even though that was his intention.

Thank goodness for the witness with some time on his hands, since he waited about 3 hours in all.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I'm more than happy to be a witness when I see some innocent person wronged like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X