BIG spider!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love the warning:
    *Please note that ALL true spiders have a certain amount of venom. This species happens to have very strong venom. If you get bit by it, you may very well die. This is one of the reasons that people should not handle this spider. This spider is dangerous, so be very careful!
    if you are stupid enough to have this as a pet, you deserve to be bitten.
    Last edited by Podfrog; 20 March 2004, 19:24.
    "both boredom and hysteria are the enemies of reason." -cliff geertz

Comment

I think i would probably die orf a heart attack b4 it bit me. literally die of fright....can't stand the little buggers...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

IMO, it's not the large spiders you have to worry about. You can probably see them coming from a mile away. It's those smaller ones that you don't see that I'd worry about. Say, a brown recluse, for example.
        RC Agent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
        AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee brown recluses.

i've seen some pictures of what those things will do. pretty nasty if its not treated quickly.

personally... the larger the spider the larger the fangs... a tarantula is gonna leave some marks on ya... so... no thanks :P
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent
            IMO, it's not the large spiders you have to worry about. You can probably see them coming from a mile away. It's those smaller ones that you don't see that I'd worry about. Say, a brown recluse, for example.
            I agree, an elephant can mess you up pretty easily, but you should see/hear/smell the thing coming at you. Although you should always watch out for holes along whever you are walking in the forest, having something jump out at you can't be fun.
            Last edited by TnT; 21 March 2004, 15:52.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
            X