USA eligible for the EU??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you got it all wrong !

EU is only a temporary term and will be replaced in the not so distant future (which shall not be confused with soonâ„¢) by the full name of

United States of MiddleEarth

or as an abbreviation

USoME

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
      I think the real question here is do we realy want Canada to join?
      Who the **** is this brainiac with all the "intelligent" remarks?
      #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
      people do all day!"

Comment

lol Strahd calm down.

For some reason people just keep bashing Canada.

And as I said before, many of us don't wanna join EU, and of course, most of us certainly don't wanna join U.S. Many of us actually think the majority of U.S. population is stupid with their stereotypes toward Canadians (no offend to the american here).

Comment

RedRed, you again baffle me. Morroco more European than Belarus? You honestly have no clue, do you?
          KV
          read the post.

I did not say that Morocco was more european than Belarus!

If Turkey and Bellarous can belong to europe - why not morocco? its closer to the 'centre' of europe that Turkey - or Ireland or the UK for that matter!....
          I was referring to geography, rather than politics. Surely it is down to EUROPEANS to be Xenophobic about who belongs to Europe - not americans?

for that matter, thecnically Brian is quite correct - Turkey IS transcontinental. Indded its capital technically exists in BOTH continents!(european and Asian)

RedRed
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Depends upon what you term the "centre." Europe is bounded on the east by the Urals. Look at the map. The "centre" seems to be somewhere in the Czech Republic. What is closer to the Czech Republic, Belarus or Morocco? Even Thrace (the European part of Turkey) is closer to the "centre." Morocco is down there south of Gibraltar, 100% in AFRICA.

I am more European than a lot of people who live there.

The capital of Turkey is Ankara. Where is Ankara? The line dividing Europe and Asia goes down the middle of the Bosporus.

Comment

KvH, the actual geometric centre of Europe is AFAIK in western Ukraine, otherwise I agree with you and also the EU constitution draft proposal defines that EU is open to European states who are commited to EU values.

Otherwise: geography - they always term Slovenia as eastern Europe, despite capitol being west of Wienna and north of Rome and southern France.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 22 April 2004, 20:41.

Comment

Well, I just went with what looked right and measured halfway between the Urals and the SW tip of Portugal.

Comment

from what I remember the center was somewhere in the baltic states, they even put some stones there to mark the spot.

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Well, that might have had some tourist interest in mind.

If you measured halfway between Finnmark and Crete, I doubt you would wind up in the Balkans..

From that map it looks like Danzig would be about center, but we all know that is a flat projection which exagerrates the size of things in Northern latitudes.
                    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 22 April 2004, 22:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X