Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Woman's Email to Her Husband

My Dear Husband,

I am sending you this letter via this BBS communications thing, so that you will be sure to read it. Please forgive the deception, but I thought you should know what has been going on at home since your computer entered our lives TWO YEARS AGO. The children are doing well. Tommy is seven now and is a bright, handsome boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family portrait for a school project, all the figures were good, and the back of your head is very realistic. You should be very proud of him.

Little Jennifer turned three in September. She looks a lot like you did at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with us on her birthday. What a grand day for Jenny, despite the fact that it was stormy and the electricity was out.

I am doing well. I went blonde about a year ago, and discovered that it really is more fun! George, I mean, Mr. Wilson the department head, has uh, taken an interest in my career and has become a good friend to us all.

I discovered that the household chores are much easier since I realized that you didn't mind being vacuumed but that feather dusting made you sneeze. The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted last spring; I'm sure you noticed it. I made sure that the painters cut holes in the drop sheet so you wouldn't be disturbed.

Well, my dear, I must be going. Uncle George, uh, Mr. Wilson, I mean, is taking us all on a ski trip and there is packing to do. I have hired a housekeeper to take care of things while we are away, she'll keep things in order, fill your coffee cup and bring your meals to your desk, just the way you like it. I hope you and the computer will have a lovely time while we are gone. Tommy, Jenny and I will think of you often. Try to remember us while your disks are booting.

Love,

Your Wife
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Why did you post this? It makes me sad

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Funny, but too close to home for too many around here?
      FT.

Comment

I'm sure my wife feels this way whenever a new game comes out... except for the ones she plays right with me.
        --Insert something here--

Comment

Hey, how did you get ahold of my email
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Now that's the real reason I'm not married
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

old one but still funny in its way

should have a (joke) reply to that email somewhere ....
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                Now that's the real reason I'm not married

one of the reasons why i think one day i will become unmaried...
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

one of the reasons why i think one day i will become unmaried...
                  After 40 years I not even try

Fred
                  It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                  ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                    Funny, but too close to home for too many around here?
                    Nah, I'm not married.

At least, I don't think I'm married....
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
                      After 40 years I not even try

Fred

i think i made a mistake getting maried at the age of 22 to someone older than me by five years.... i love her mutch but there are a bit too many incompatabilities between me and her... i can see things down the road.... although i hope this will not hapen but i can see that in 4-5 years she will be asking me for a divorce as she will no longer be able to put up with me.....

that and for other reasons too.... .... i can see it comming... i hope it wont happen... but i can see it...

i have descused this with my wife and she understands where this is all comming form... however we have decided on a few key points..
                      1. we enjoy the time we have together
                      2. when we do part (if we part) we part on freindly terms... (hopfuly) i know i can do this from my end... but she is the kind that bars grudges.
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

After 40 years I not even try.
                        I mean after 40 years of marriage we know each other so well that sometimes we are dreaming about the same thing at the same time.
                        It happened, in fact...
                        Of course she is unable to dream about a new digital camera, or a new HW etc.

Fred
                        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

ROFL

Comment

Working...
                          X