Attitudes to smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attitudes to smoking

There are some disparate views about smoking held by murcers.

If you are interested you might like to contribute to some research we are doing concerning (cultural) attitudes to smoking, by spending a few minutes filling in an online questionnaire.

There are english and german versions of the questionnaire.

Thanks

Tony.
    FT.

Thats plainly too long.
    Oh, and I do not like test where they ask the same question several times (to check if your guessing or what??).

Sorry.

BTW: Smoking sucks, people that smokes are pathethic.
    And i have a hard time visiting the friends of mine that smoke (hate the smell in my clothes afterwards).

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Next time MURC breaks, you know now, I won't fix it till after I have had me smoke.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I'm sure there are very good reasons for the way the questionnaire is structured. The order of the questions, the way they are put etc are all carefully considered.

I'm sorry if you think it is too long. I'm not responsible for the content, just the techy stuff.

T.
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          Next time MURC breaks, you know now, I won't fix it till after I have had me smoke.
          I guess Duke won't be visiting then
          FT.

Comment

Someone's been reading the Alan Carr book eh?

PS take the "s" off the end of "makes" in Q36.
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Hehehe..

Just worded it to make it absolutely CERTAIN that people would respond.

Still not doing the survey tho!.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Terrible questionnaire (double negatives abound). Takes quite a time for the 170-odd questions.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                  Takes quite a time for the 170-odd questions.
                  Sorry - I should have mentioned that.
                  FT.

Comment

Well, this was kinda dissapointing after all that:

Form submitted successfully. Thank you.

And your point is, Mr. Tony? Can we see some of the stats you've got so far?
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

one major problem with this questionnaire is that they don't properly give the context, which made me decide to skip it completely.

for example:
                      "Smoking doesn't help people relax"
                      do they mean wether people can feel more relaxed if they started picking up a smoking habit vs. people who don't? in that case, I don't know what the answer is. If they mean wether people who have a smoking habit will feel relaxed by smoking a cigarette, then there's a definate 'yes' to that question. The same difference in context which isn't made clear appears all over the questionnaire.

Comment

I hate tests where they constantly change the question form. Smoking doesn't, smoking does ... make up your mind and be consistent already!

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
                          And your point is, Mr. Tony? Can we see some of the stats you've got so far?
                          Sorry, I'm not making a point. Please re-read the first post. By completing the questionnaire you are contributing to some research being conducted by a colleague of mine.

I will ask him to respond to the comments raised here and to provide some provisional stats. As I said, I only make it happen.

Also, I think you (Jammrock) will find that there are very good reasons for the way the questions are phrased.

I'm sure my colleague is grateful to anyone who finds the time to respond.
                          FT.

Comment

the alternation in 'doesn't' and 'does' it an easy way to spot people who just fill in answers without reading the question properly.

Comment

Yeah, that annoyed me rather intensely since I've got that habit
                              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X