X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rc B-52

I want one.
    More pics & vid clips here

Wonder how long it will take for Greebe to post in this thread.. anyone wanna take bets?

I say 2 hours (assuming he's napping since he hasn't posted by now.)

Comment

It's a load of crap; The wings don't flex enough and the engines aren't smoky.

Sending that link to my dad, he worked on 'em at Boeing and would probably get a kick out of that, pretty darn impressive!

Comment

Okay, I watched the film clips and just had to drag my jaw off the floor.

Didn't know they made jets that small. (Greebe bait)

Comment

Ok thats beyond cool.

Comment

damn! amazing!
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Damn, I need more money. So many toys to buy
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

while I like cuz it's R/C, the size is just sic... very impressive vids.. but I also don't like because...

1. it's not scale (regardless of what they claim)
                2. it's an old G model w/o tits (BombNav IR/nightvision)... what are used today and what I worked on were H's with all the latest mods.
                3. the paint scheme
                4. it's size
                5. would need special field/conditions to fly and the regulations todo so are supremely costly... would need a very long trailer to just get it to the field and an unused 2 car garage to store it
                6. The cost... those engines alone run ~$50,000 USD w/o support equipment. For that add another =>$6k, less spare parts.
                7. most likely two people would be needed to fly, ground support would take 4 people min
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nobody said it was practical. It's still cool though.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I chimed in with a personal reason, no need to be defensive about that, besides I thought it was cool too

the flipside of this is what they are doing with electric powered planes (which I am into). not only can we now do anything the 'gassers' can do but do it smaller...

Current issue of Model Aviation has a scale P-38 with a wingspan of 10.5" (26.7cm) and weighs in at 1.23oz (~35grams).. this baby is a heavyweight in the indoor r/c designs areana.. designer Matt Keennon who designed this beauty makes a living working on US goverment sponcered micromodel projects (coming to a military/police unit soon)

Then we have Henry Pasquet who is one of the most famous indoor flyers... showing off his 2.6gram CO2 powered 4" (10cm) wingspan highwing design Lady... r/c is powered by a single #337 silver oxide hearing aid battery which was designed by Nick Leichty, another well known great in the field.
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

That's one ginormopus RC plane dude!! So cool yet like Greebe pointed out, so expensive!!!
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Bombs are optional I guess ?

Comment

I want an RC F16 or ME262 with a rapid-fire pellet gun so I can shoot that thing down, now.

Comment

I'd really like to have a Savage SU-27 Designed by Dan and Daren Savage... twin electric ducted fan jet w ~1.6HP pushing it (turbines running at ~35krpm) and is 54" long w retracts... very nice plane, very maneuverable and quite quick. I've been watching these brothers from the beginning of conception til now with a finished product. Next will be to offer a complete composite version

LiPo battery power source version will run ~$1500 less radio and a lot of TLC building

My SU-27 has a similar paint scheme to what is shown albiet is a smaller non scale EPP foamy pusher prop version... cost: ~$450 less radio (LiPo brushless powered)

Mine lacks the scale missles I'm sure Chuck would enjoy turning into the real deal Instead has SuperBright LEDS abound... doppler radar on nose/windshield, White, forward wing tips (missile rails) and rudder tips, Blue, rear missile rails, UV and underside rudders, Red, with one just forward of the engine nacelle.

Hopfully soon I'll be building another abliet even smaller with a 24" wingspan but with the same power system... tho this one will do true verticals at a rate of ~3000fpm. The other should have done but after much (too much) detail It got paint heavy.
                            Cruise level flight at ~70mph (~112kmh)

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X