Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy out Sweden Denmark through a fix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy out Sweden Denmark through a fix???

A poor performace overall for Italy but I did feel sorry for them when they scored with seconds remaining, only to be told the result of the Denmark Sweden game. The only score that could put them out. A fix ???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

First goal was fishy, keeper standing like 5 meters in front of his goal. Second goal was penalty, and Larsson(?) tried to provoke a penalty before but the keeper reacted a bit too late. Smells a bit fishy to me. There will be a lot of talking about the game.

The last minute of the Italy game, is classic greek drama.

Just saw the 3rd goal, there was no swedish player near the danish scorer within a 5 meter radius. And the 4th one was a major blunder by the keeper.

I don't think it was really fixed before, but you can bet that the press in italy will analyze every second of the game
    Last edited by thop; 22 June 2004, 14:10.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Lol.

There were no fish in the Denmark-Sweden game.

The Danes led first half 1-0, then 1-1, then again with 2-1 and in the last minutes, Sweden scored to 2-2.

Surely MUCH better fodball than what Italy showed.
      (If it werent for that VERY generous overtime, they would have played 1-1 versus bulgaria - who where in the lead for most of that game!).

I DO agree that the penalty at the start of the second half should not have been. But that was the Judge - not the players (Well the Swede should have had an oscar for that performance, but thats all in the game).

And the last swedish goal was a fault on behalf of the Danish players. Tired and not enough focus.
      Im quite certain that the Danish players could have been without the second place - who wants to go up against the Czech Republic??

But a very interesting game none the less.

~~DukeP~~

Edit: BBC's got the game good.
      Last edited by DukeP; 22 June 2004, 14:39.

Comment

Good game!

And no way that the result was fixed...maybe if the italians were playing the greeks in the exact same circumstances it would have been fixed, not when Sweden plays Denmark...get my point???

Well what more to say, our team sucked bigtime, but we went through with the danes and I'm very happy!

Comment

Nah not a fix bt once it was 2 - 2 for the last minute not a lot happened.

I wish they'd go back to the simple system of Goal differance.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

ThePIT, i think they will. The chief of the WC2006 here in Germany, Beckenbauer, already said he doesn't like the system, too complicated.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

All I can is thank god for that
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                I don't think it was really fixed before, but you can bet that the press in italy will analyze every second of the game
                Maybe they should analyze their own teams performance then they might understand why they're not in it anymore
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                  Maybe they should analyze their own teams performance then they might understand why they're not in it anymore
                  Yes, maybe, but remember WC2002? The South Korean striker (can`t remember his name right now) who scored against Italy was _SACKED_ from Peruggia. Why? It seems that if they draw the first two games and win by a single goal against the complete outsider Bulgaria, and then have to go home, it`s SOMEBODY ELSE`s fault, maybe Ibrahimovic who equalized, but surely not THEIR fault for not scoring, or at least trying real hard, to score a goal more than the opponents do.

P.S. In case i wasn`t clear, i`m not too fond (to put it mildly) of the way the Azzuris play and their attitude.
                  Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
                  X