No announcement yet.

See you on the flip side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest rates indeed. Although personally speaking, being the prudent type I have done the numbers and am OK as long as rates stay below 12.5% in the next 3 months and after that up to 15%. Sometimes being a finance bod can be useful
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

@Paddy - Congrats say hello to Nemo for me

@GNEP - Bloody hell - why are you thinking of numbers that high? Know something we dont? Good luck btw
      FT.

Comment

Tony - no, just establishing what my limits are... there is historical precedent though for rates like that as I'm sure you know so you never know...

Comment

We were paying 10.5% fixed for the first couple of years, so managed to miss the very peak of rates in the early '90s. I tend to fix my rate for 2-3 years at a time, but I have had to buy myself out more than once!
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
            Interest rates indeed. Although personally speaking, being the prudent type I have done the numbers and am OK as long as rates stay below 12.5% in the next 3 months and after that up to 15%. Sometimes being a finance bod can be useful
            Holy shit guys...thats just nuts

I got my Condo for 6% over 30 years
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Just a worst-case scenario. The vast majority of mortgage lending in the UK is on a floating rate basis, or at a push 2-3 year fixes. We don't have Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac here

Comment

I'm guessing you aren't trusting in Endowments then?
                FT.

Comment

Straight 25-year repayment for me with the ability to overpay whenever I want

Comment

I wish I could have afforded to do that when we started. My endowments are hurting! No bonus at all on my smaller on this year
                    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                      My endowments are hurting!
                      Now that could be taken quite differently

Comment

LOL! Actually, I'm still waiting for the date to come through...< snip >...ouch!
                        FT.

Comment

Mine's a var rate, 1.25% discounted below base rate for 3years over 35years.
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

actualy dragons BLOW.... hot air that is...
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                            X