No announcement yet.

[M]urc ancient history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing how long it's been since I installed that first Impression 3/V.

Then the Millennium, Millennium II, M3d, G200, G400, G550 and Parhelia.

I must have been one of the old timers, though I never used to post much. I'm fairly sure I signed up around the time I got my first G200.

sniff sniff

- Steve

Comment

I enjoyed Ant's Matrox Users Mailing list and lurked the MURC since the early years. Still like to check in for laughs. Still have my original Millennium and many many other Matrox cards. Just purchased a reconditioned Parhelia even though its out of style. I get to do some Surround Gaming this weekend, hope to wow the friends.

I still appreciate all the work Ant and all his support crew did over the years and are still doing (Sasq) to keep the community alive.

Long Live the MURC.
      Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Speaking of the old days, how many of us are still around from the Rainbow Runner Users Group?

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

There was a Rainbow Runner Users Group now? (I guess I would have been part of if I had only gotten one for my Millennium II)
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
            There was a Rainbow Runner Users Group now? (I guess I would have been part of if I had only gotten one for my Millennium II)
            Doc is OLD!!!!!!!
            Back then you had to strike a rock with a flint to send a spark to the monitor.

Chuck

PS
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

#22 from like 96-97 back when I was looking at the Mystique and 3D add on card for games.
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                Doc is OLD!!!!!!!
                Back then you had to strike a rock with a flint to send a spark to the monitor.

Chuck

PS
                LOL

Yeah, and HDD's ran on gas and puch cards were rampant! :P
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The first computer I ever used was an early PDP-8.

To get "audio" out of it you created a file with the notes then ran software that read the file. The program then performed operations that created EMI spikes which in turn generate tones in a nearby AM radio

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 July 2004, 23:11.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    The first computer I ever used was an early PDP-8.

To get "audio" out of it you created a file with the notes then ran software that read the file. The program then performed operations that created EMI spikes which in turn generate tones in a nearby AM radio

Dr. Mordrid
                    Now there's a blast from the past... what's that about 40 years ago now?
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X