X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy is a cruel, cruel place...

The evil fiends now have these:
    for sale.

What possible harm could I have done to them in the past to cause them to want to viciously taunt me with this product, with it's price dangling just out of the reach, just beyond the "frivolous purchase" expense of a DVD which was the only true purpose of even being there in the first place. Alas, I suppose it would be time to save up a little extra cash.

I have the 12x18 version.

I've only used it a few times.

I wish I'd heeded the advice of people on Amazon about the unwieldy size. I plan to sell it on eBay and get a smaller version.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      I have the 12x18 version.

I've only used it a few times.

I wish I'd heeded the advice of people on Amazon about the unwieldy size. I plan to sell it on eBay and get a smaller version.
      What's this? I was expecting you to say:
      Best Buy is a cruel, cruel place...
      Yep

Comment

That looks pretty nice. How good is it?
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
          What's this? I was expecting you to say:

Yep
          Gotta keep you on your toes!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
            That looks pretty nice. How good is it?
            Mine works really well. It's very precise. It's just too big!

Comment

Graphire =

Comment

Damn I want that....
                -We stop learning when We die, and some
                people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Originally posted by Duty
                  Damn I want that....
                  So do I, that's what I was lamenting, not having the money to buy one right now. The 4"x5" / A6 one looks to be just the right size for a normal desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Duty
                    Damn I want that....
                    Damn, I don't have to want that. I have that.

Comment

Got myself an Intuos A4+ myself. Not enough room to use here really, but really good when I need it. That there is too small for me really...

J1NG

Comment

Damn.. a gadget I've always wanted. I would probably get the 9x12 version if I were getting one. Not too big, not too small. When I draw, I always seem to find a letter-sized piece of paper the most comfortable size to work with.

Schmosef, just curious.. how new is yours and how much do you want for it?

Comment

I bought it about 4 months ago. The model # is XD1218USB. I've honestly only used it a couple of times; enough to set it up and realize that it is indeed too big. I packed it up to try to use it at home (I'd wanted to use it in the office) but I recently moved and have been too busy with other things to bother pulling it out of the box and setting it up again.

I paid about $850 CDN for it. A 9x12 unit costs about $527 CDN. Hopefully, I'd like to get about $500 for it. From what I've seen, the prices on eBay are higher than that so I'm hoping for a quick sale.

I've never bought/sold anything on eBay before but my business partner's uncle is a real pro, he takes all the packing peanuts and cardboard boxes we get from our distributors' shipments for his eBay sales. He collects a lot of different things (sports memorabilia, beanie babies, etc.). To pay for his hobby, he'll buy items in bulk and sell all but one on eBay for a profit. I've planned on giving it to him to take care of.

Anyway, are you asking because you might be interested? I really have to say that you should think carefully about it. 12x18 is just enormous. In order to use it on your lap you have to sit really far away from the screen. It’s not intuitive at all, which is what a tablet is supposed to be. The darn thing's model name is intuos after all! I feel really dumb for not heeding the advice of people on the net who took their time to post reviews warning of the size problem.

That said, if you are interested, PM me with an offer. Maybe we can work something out.

Comment

i actaully kinda need one. not for english, but for chinese.

I can't type chinese, that's the problem. i heard its a lot harder than typing in English/normal alphabets. i think those pads will help. (i feel ashamed when some of my friends icq/msn me in chinese, and i reply in english )

Comment

I'll never forget the scene in Tomorrow Never Dies where Bond insists upon typing something until he sees the Chinese keyboard.. big keyboard with big keys, each with 9 different symbols on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X