No announcement yet.

Here we go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like someones Holiday is going west.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

To be upgraded to a Catagory 4 storm within the hour. Planes flying over the storm tracked winds at 165 mph @10,000 ft & 145 mph at ground level

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Damn, hope you are bailing Greebe. Be safe.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Whooeee!!! What a blow job!
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            Whooeee!!! What a blow job!
            I prefer the sucking kind thank you very much
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

nothing extreme yet, just rain should pick up in the next 2-3 hours... have a webcam setup for ya'll to see...

Latest reports have it going in south of us somewhere between Punta Gorda and Port Charolette as a Cat 4 hurricane

Several tornados have been reported east and north of here within the last hour
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

whats that you have floating in the background?.. looks like a screendoor or something
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

it's a pvc float for our irrigation system

Comment

Aren't you in the center of this? Shouldn't you have left by now?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'd say another 80 - 100 miles from the eye to his house. It is by fort Myers now, which is a bit further south
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

State of Emergency declared in South Carolina....

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Here's the latest prediction for the first 3 days:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like we may be getting some rain on Sunday, but it's staying well east of us. They've usually lost most of their steam by the time they get this far north though. Generally just a good rain storm, with a little wind.

My brother's sister-in-law lives in charleston. I'll try to find out how they're doing. I also know a guy living in Tampa, but he hasn't been online for a while. Hope he's okay.

Is anyone able to get to greebe's webcam? Maybe they lost power already, 'cause I can't get to it from here. Good luck greebe!
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yep. Ft Myers. I just saw the live report on TWC from St Pete and looks relatively calm.. Looks like you lucked out, Mike.

Comment

I heard some criticism about the forecasting, how they say they missed the landfall by 50 miles and people were expecting catagory 2 winds, etc. I don't see why the forecasters did not change their predicted path for this storm. I saw from the time-lapse satellite pictures that it was turning slightly to the right, and the incoming front from the west seemed to explain this behavior perfectly, yet they still said Tampa. Who knows? As for the sudden strengthening, anyone who knows anything about hurricanes knows this happens. Camille and Andrew both intensified very rapidly just before making landfall, and did their worst because people were not expecting this. If you are ever in the path of one of these, EXPECT IT. Better safe than sorry.

BTW, I see George W. is not making Dad's mistake of delaying aid due to red tape just before an election. That was one of GHW's stupidest moments. He delayed aid for 4 days after Andrew hit because the Governor of Florida failed to present him with the request in writing, as prescribed by law. What a fool.

Comment

Working...
                                X