Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking in new grill - (Not Chicken Safe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are so narrow you can't use them for much anyways. I would have one made twice as wide as the stock one.
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

OMG!!
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
        Those are so narrow you can't use them for much anyways. I would have one made twice as wide as the stock one.
        You'd be surprised how much chicken I've stacked up on that little shelf. I do up the chicken first and then slow cook it on the shelf while I grill up a couple racks of pork ribs ... using a special baste that I was privileged to learn. I don't have a problem with rust since the grill is used at least twice a week all year round and I scrape the grill surface each time after warm-up.

AFA wood chips ... I quickly discounted those and use the wood chunks that are cut to fit into the side smoker unit (replaces a few inches of grill space) ... muuuuch better for smoking. Gotta get a full blown smoker though.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Boy Paul ... you've got me thinking now (while I'm grilling a pork loin on the barbie). Four vertical burners sure would be nice and my burners do need a little bit of work to get the evenness back. Maybe I could find a family member in need of a grill. We're already looking to donate our old washer and dryer so we can step up to a new front loader (lifetime warranty so last one we'll buy). A new stainless steel four burner grill. Hmmm
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            Boy Paul ... you've got me thinking now (while I'm grilling a pork loin on the barbie). Four vertical burners sure would be nice and my burners do need a little bit of work to get the evenness back. Maybe I could find a family member in need of a grill. We're already looking to donate our old washer and dryer so we can step up to a new front loader (lifetime warranty so last one we'll buy). A new stainless steel four burner grill. Hmmm

Watch their prices they vary about $20 or so every couple of days. They are on their high side today. I just noticed the Summit Silver C is greatly discounted today. The C has an additional burner for the wood box.
            Shipping is free and they discount accessories if purchased with the grill - a few bucks cheaper than the advertised price.
            They shipped mine out of Colorado the day after I ordered and I tracked it to a Trucking Co. in town and finally just called them and picked it up rather than wait for their local deliver
            Last edited by ALBPM; 16 August 2004, 20:11.
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
              OMG!!
              What's the matter? Don't you want someone to chop off your head, ram a beer can up your butt, arrange your corpse like it's sitting on the head and then slow roast you?

Comment

You're the devil Paul!!! Now you've got me looking at the Weber site. I've got to stop myself right here. I've been spending money like a mad man lately and I still need to pick up a lightweight digicam. Enjoy your q and leave us peasants be.

Comment

Let's start talking about expensive scotch now..

By the way, I bet you could use some good speakers, xortam.

Comment

That is evil......ROTFLMAO
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Let's start talking about expensive scotch now..

By the way, I bet you could use some good speakers, xortam.

No tease there ... I'm already covered. ... though I could always use more good scotch. ... great, now I've got to go and pour myself some scotch ...
                      Last edited by xortam; 17 August 2004, 00:01.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Whoops... the Silver C price is up $100 bucks today. Should have ordered last night ....LOL

and SCOTCH
                        Last edited by ALBPM; 17 August 2004, 09:14.

Comment

... Whoops... the Silver C price is up $100 bucks today. Should have ordered last night ...
                          I was starting to look at the Gold D.

Tasty scotch last night ... a new one (gift) -- a Cragganmore 12 y.o.. Tasted a bit of tobacco and licorice. I think this is only the second time I tried this one. Got to hit those new bottles more. Broke my crystal snifter this morning though.

Comment

Got mine off the floor at the showroom - discontinued colour - saved $600 smackers . just loaded it up onto the back of the truck - no assembly required.
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                              I was starting to look at the Gold D.

Tasty scotch last night ... a new one (gift) -- a Cragganmore 12 y.o.. Tasted a bit of tobacco and licorice. I think this is only the second time I tried this one. Got to hit those new bottles more. Broke my crystal snifter this morning though.

GOLD D!!!!!! That's a serious Grill. I wonder how long a 20lb bottle of gas lasts on that grill....LOL
                              I hope you have a NG line in the back yard for the "D".

Comment

GOLD D!!!!!! That's a serious Grill. ...
                                Too much grill for me, especially considering that I'm the only meat-eater in the house. I checked out the latest Webers while I was at the hardware store today. Interesting how the construction changes over the years. I'll just stick with my tried and true workhorse. Our patio may soon turn into another room anyway so I'm not sure what my new Q needs will be yet.

So what did you grill tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X