In relation to the "definitials" game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In relation to the "definitials" game

Did anyone ever play Acrophobia by the people who made You Don't Know Jack? Basically it was an online, multiplayer acronym game. A random assortment of letters would come up and each player would submit an acronym using those letters that fit a chosen subject. Then each player would vote on which one they'd like. Points were given to vote winner, speediest person and such.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

I've not heard of it. I stole Definitials from the UK TV listings magazine 'Radio Times'. Sounds like fun if you fancy setting it up?
    FT.

Comment

I wish I could, it's long gone now. The company ran the servers. I think there might be an IRC version running out there somewhere now that I think about it. I'll try digging it up.

It would be a fun programming project if I wasn't already working on something else.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Okay, I found some stuff.

Here is the original IRC bot
        game, fun, word games,Internet Relay Chat, IRC, contest, Acro, Acrophobia, acronyms, Mach, Eingang, multiplayer

Here is one that has been recently updated:

It needs mIRC to run. If someone can setup an IRC room I'd be down for playing once in a while.

Comment

uproar.com has Acrophobia! You have to go through and arduous registration form and click no a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X