• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new fashion accessory in iraq.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
        True, especially as a microwave transmitter can't be that hard to make. Timer , car battery, some electronics and an aerial.
        Except that it's REALLY hard to generate a 95 GHz signal at all, let alone with any accuracy or power. If you're off frequency, the water in the targets skin doesn't heat up, and you don't induce pain. If there's not enough power, you just make them feel all warm and tingly.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
          Except that it's REALLY hard to generate a 95 GHz signal at all, let alone with any accuracy or power. If you're off frequency, the water in the targets skin doesn't heat up, and you don't induce pain. If there's not enough power, you just make them feel all warm and tingly.

- Steve
          That would be nice!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
            True, especially as a microwave transmitter can't be that hard to make. Timer , car battery, some electronics and an aerial.

- Steve
            In reality it's not that hard to produce, it's power is not that great, but then again we're not talking about omnidirectional power or broadcasting far away or trying to kill people with the thing, it's a tight beam with a specific use. Being 95gHz with a 9²m dish the beam even at 1km wouldn't be much larger than the dish itself area wise. The real limiting factor would be relative humidity, fog and rain... In a land where this isn't an issue most of the time.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Right... so I can put my modded magnetron next to my DIY rail gun that was posted here a while back...

Comment

Working...
              X