Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Part II

You aren't gonna believe this one: Ivan has returned

After ravaging the Gulf Cost Ivan ran through the south, up the US Eastern Seaboard then to the Canadian Maritimes. From there Ivan was pushed far to the south by other weather systems until now;

IVAN IS BACK IN THE GULF OF MEXICO where it's reconstituted back into a tropical storm and is predicted to hit the Gulf Coast AGAIN within 24 hours

WTNT34 KNHC 230532
    TCPAT4
    BULLETIN
    TROPICAL STORM IVAN INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 68A
    NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
    1 AM CDT THU SEP 23 2004

...TROPICAL STORM IVAN IN THE NORTH-CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR A PORTION OF THE GULF OF MEXICO COAST FROM THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER LOUISIANA WESTWARD TO SARGENT TEXAS.

AT 1 AM CDT...0600Z...THE POORLY-ORGANIZED CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM IVAN WAS ESTIMATED NEAR LATITUDE 27.7 NORTH...LONGITUDE 90.8 WEST OR ABOUT 230 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE UPPER TEXAS COAST.

IVAN IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 13 MPH. THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TODAY...BRINGING THE CENTER NEAR THE COAST WITHIN THE WARNING AREA IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS MAINLY IN SQUALLS TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF THE CENTER. SOME STRENGTHENING IS POSSIBLE BEFORE LANDFALL.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 85 MILES TO THE NORTH OF THE CENTER.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1007 MB...29.74 INCHES.

WATER LEVELS HAVE BEEN RUNNING .5 TO 2 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE LEVELS ALONG THE NORTHWEST GULF OF MEXICO. IVAN WILL GENERATE AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE THESE EXISTING WATER LEVELS. THEREFORE... WATER ELEVATIONS OF 2 TO 4 FEET ABOVE NORMAL ARE EXPECTED NEAR AND TO THE EAST OF WHERE THE CENTER MAKES LANDFALL.

RAINFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES...WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS...ARE POSSIBLE NEAR THE PATH OF IVAN
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh.../230244.shtml?

Sheeshhh.....this SOB is freakin' PERSISTANT

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 September 2004, 23:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I don't understand. It went as far north as Canada and then looped back?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

That's right.....a big piece of Ivan did a circle in the Atlantic, passed over Florida in a weakened condition then strengthened back into a tropical storm in the Gulf....again.

Now it's targeting the coast a little more west than the first time around.

NOAA debated internally quite a while before deciding to re-cycle the name, mainly because this fragment was such a large part of the original storm.

Seems they're as confused as you are

Here's todays satellite lineup of the 4 currently active storms;

White is the name of the storm and red is its current track.

Jeanne actually tracked to the mid-Atlantic then did a full clockwise circle before starting to track for the SE US again, so Ivan isn't the only storm doing piroettes.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 September 2004, 00:51.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think it's about time you learned that ratifying Kyoto is a good thing .

(This is a joke.)

Comment

Allright, Ill let the above statement slide from joke to nonjoke,m then.

BUY SOME MORE DANISH WINDMILLSS!!

BUILD SOME MORE NUCLEAR PLANTS!!

UP THE GASOLINE PRICE BY A FACTOR OF 8!!

Ah, ehm..

Stress, I think. Sorry.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

We had some jet streams caused by Ivan passing through here the last couple of days, it's been quite windy.

Comment

This is just weird.. it's no joke.

Comment

was that what was responsible for the really bizarre weather the last 2 days? I'm in Colorado, and it was kinda wierd even for us...
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Maybe God is threatening to wipe out Florida before this election. (sorry for those living there ).
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

it's not headed this way... now a few days ago our weather was influenced by Ivan II, but al we got was a little rain, clouds and cooler temps. Was a nice change from the blistering sun & 90 degree temps.

hehe had to say that
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

rofl
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                      X