No announcement yet.

See who is polluting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah, You wouldn't understand. When you are going up Parley's Canyon ( 6% Grade) in a car with < 130 HP, you slow down to 40MPH, and become a hazard. For people who make this commute daily, you could never convince them to drive a underpowered car. With Speed limits 75MPH (People drive 85-90 ) Yes, you do need a bigger engine. I have drove a Geo Metro (Suzuki Swift), and you have to get out and push them up a hill.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Ah, the Geo Metro. That car will stop on a dime! It can't get <I>over</I> the dime, but it sure will stop there.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My parents had suzuki swift GA, it was 1.3 litre and with 4 well built guys in it we got up to 180kmh on several occiaisons(easily)..

In fact with only 1 person in the car it was a hairy experience, as it would drift all over the road at those speeds.

But with 4 people in the card it stuck to the road like glue.

I must admit where I grew up up most of the landscape was just plain flat tho.

Comment

I wonder if the US versions have their engines derated to make them last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            I wonder if the US versions have their engines derated to make them last longer.
            I think it has to do with final drive gearing. I know of a couple people who brought cars from the States to Germany and they killed the transmissions on the car. They couldnt take the constant 100 mph + speeds that you can have on the autobahn.

When I was shopping for my Mustang GT that I got when I go out of the Army, I got paperwork from the local AAFES car sales place and the higher axle ratio wasn't an option for cars sold in Germany.

If you having trouble understanding me, the Mustang GT came with either a 2.73 or 3.27 gear ratio in the drive axle. The higher gear ratio gives you better off the line performance, where as the lower gear (2.73) gave you more high end power and slightly better gas mileage.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

It's a shame my only experience of american car is a Dodge Grand Voyager . Which was pants (like trying to steer a ship sailing on jello.)Stereo was good though. Even though it had a 3 litre V6 engine. 21mpg was the average mpg from NYC to Detroit. Which was not brilliant but it had the arerodynamics of a brick.

I think the engines are the same in the US as the UK it would be to expensive to design different engines for different areas. E.g. Ford focus. Well for upto 2L anyway.
              Last edited by Fluff; 29 September 2004, 05:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
                It's a shame my only experience of american car is a Dodge Grand Voyager . Which was pants (like trying to steer a ship sailing on jello.)Stereo was good though. Even though it had a 3 litre V6 engine. 21mpg was the average mpg from NYC to Detroit. Which was not brilliant but it had the arerodynamics of a brick.

I think the engines are the same in the US as the UK it would be to expensive to design different engines for different areas. E.g. Ford focus. Well for upto 2L anyway.
                Don't forget, the american gallon is smaller than the Imperial (3.8l vs 4.5l)
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff

They are more or less the same thing with some minor changes...mostly to the emissions. My car is pretty much the same thing as a Focus ST170
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                  X