Think you idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think you idiots

I know I tend to rant about it but the number of idiots out today was really frustrating/worrying.

First idiot Women reversing into her drive or so I presume. She backs up out of the way then suddenly shoots out in front of me. Good job wasn't going too fast. She waves thanks and drives off.

2nd little incident two cyclists on a narrow road near a bend riding two abreast. They hear me coming and go into single file. Very good had to wait anyway as someone was coming. I passed checked the mirror was alarmed to see them go back two abreast. If someone was following me would they have heard them. Where they aware that were completly invisable to anyone coming from behind as they were hidden by bushes or didn't they think.

Same road a little further on from a side road a cyclist shoots out striaght across my path and all 20 too 30 of his mates follow without looking. Luckliy I wasn't doing any where near the speed limit. The scary bit if I was five feet away from the side road they wouldn't have stopped. It was like I was invisable. 20 - 30 cyclists in one go fantastic. 10 on the front bumper the rest in the side of the car.

The rest of cyclists I did meet where fairly sensible for once which makes a pleasant change.

Getting to my destination in one piece was pretty good I thought.

Nice walk coming back I walk past one idiot parked in the middle of the road. Anything larger than a car wouldn't be able to get past. Yes they was parking bay very close and more parking further up the road.

Back in the car the blockage had gone I spot two walkers walking down the road and I knew one of them was going to step right out in front me without looking. Yup he didn't seem bothered.

Back on the main road which is 60 mph limit if you want to do it. Two people and a dog not facing on coming traffic and stood half way across the road. They stop still blocking one side and hold the dog. I drive past shaking my head. A few minutes later they'd been round the corner out of view. SINGLE FILE YOU IDIOTS. Into the village driving slowly and yes another two idiots walking aimlessly in the middle of the road near a bend ignoring the perfectly good pavement. The man looks at me a puzzled expression on his face wondering why I was calling him an idoit.

Next village Hartington which always good for idoits on foot and on wheels. Drive through at twenty just as I'm leaving a girl with a video camera looks at me and steps out onto road as I pass. Missed by a few few inches. I presume she thought her video camera had a force field around it. Beep idiot.

Perhaps one day the Government will provide a proper public transport system. Then I can sit on the bus and let the bus driver suffer the frustration.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

and the scary thing is: They are everywhere
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Not only are they everywhere, they are there *all of the time*
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I'm glad you don't live here, you would give us a daily rant of your adventures, and they would be a lot worse than you describe.

Darwinism is rife and the only way to drive here is to assume that everyone you see (or don't see) is going to do the stupidest thing imaginable. They often do. This is called defensive anticipatory driving.

We have the unenviable road death rate of about 115/year. Doesn't sound much, but that's about 22/100,000 population, as opposed to 5.6/100,000 in your country. So, quit complaining and thank your lucky stars that the chances of your dying in a road accident are only a quarter of mine.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Whats worse is that they are everywhere, all of the time, *and reproducing*.

*sigh*
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

You passed on a few chances to thin out the gene pool.
            --Insert something here--

Comment

Sadly going to jail doesn't appeal
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Einstein said there are only two infinite things: The universe and human stupidity.
                He also said he's still uncertain about the first one.
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                X