No announcement yet.

Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind the stuff, depends on the brand. When I went to the Chinese mall in Markham they had tons of that stuff. None of MY friends would try it either, hehe.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Mmmm... squid. Love the stuff. Dried squid is pretty good, but it's better served as calamari with a good dipping sauce
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
        yes i could. i actually brought a bag back with me for my friends to try but no one would eat any so i hate the whole thing myself already. haha
        OK, after looking at your "squid" pictures. I am positive you are eating what I call Cuttlefish. This is like beef jerky, but it is fish instead. It is excellent stuff and easily available in Hawaii.

BTW, this is what "cuttlefish" looks like:

This is what dried, ready to eat cuttlefish looks like:

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

looks oddly familiar
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Check out some of these pics, TR.. I think Todaiji is supposed to be the largest Buddhist Temple of wooden construction anywhere. I really want to see Nara if I ever get to Japan.

http://www.atsweb.neu.edu/physics/s....web3/japan.htm
            WOW. Beautiful. That kind of scenery almost makes The Last Samurai a tolerable movie.....almost. Thanks for the link KVH.
            Bart

Comment

i cant stand when people use the date stamp on their film. it irrates the living crapola out of me
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

...no comment...
                Attached Files
                Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

I had squid once, and it was some of that dried stuff. It was about 75% pasty, salty fat. I haven't had the urge to try it again.

Comment

Just wondering how many other non-Asians you saw when you were there? Are there many European/American tourists?

Comment

we saw some old americans at a temple. looked like a senior citizen vacation.

and i saw a few in the hard rock cafe and they were annoying.

thats about all the americans i saw. a few europeans as well. not much tho
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Cool pictures. Looks like it was fun. Being on a train for four hours isn't bad, I've been on one for nearly six. Of course it was fun because my friends were around and I didn't have luggage smashed against my legs. How fast are the subways there?

1000 pics, hmm, I have 1200 pics from my camera and that's over the course of a whole year

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!! sounds like you have an awesome trip Liz! I'd love to go there sometime myself. Unfortunately not within these 5 years b/c school...

I love squid lol. Well, I am an Asian (Chinese) afterall, so I am pretty much used to it. Oh, and sashimi is awesome, i love yellowtail . I moved into my rez 3 weeks ago, I got this new friend who never tried Japanese food before. Gave him some seaweed and after a bit he pretty much swore he'd never have it again... lol... next day me and my friend decided to post intersting comments on sushi, and of course with the Finding Nemo sushi My goal? Orientalize my floor within this year. lol.

Comment

I'm not an expert but I thought the only difference between squid and cuttlefish is that the latter have an internal shell (sometimes called a bone, although it isn't) and the former have onle a cartilage. They are both cephalopods, have eight arms and two grasping tentacles for prey.

Whatever, well-prepared, they are both yummy and are popular here, along with the other major cephalopod, the octopus. Too easy to overcook them and make 'em like Firestone tyres, though.
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                            X