Crushing news for HK bank customers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crushing news for HK bank customers!

A bank in Hong Kong has been explaining to customers why it sent 83 security deposit boxes full of valuables to a scrap yard, where they were destroyed.
    DBS Bank says the mistake happened during the refurbishment of one of its branches.

Contractors working over the weekend were supposed to dump empty ones. Instead they took full ones from the bank's vault.

The difficulty now is establishing exactly what was crushed.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Wasn't that where I deposited a 25 kg ingot of gold yesterday?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Blasted idiots
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yeah, the stuff was 'destroyed'... suuuuuuure.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
          Wasn't that where I deposited a 25 kg ingot of gold yesterday?
          Don't worry, these deposit boxes were destroyed over the weekend. The gold you deposited yesterday is quite safe
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Actually, I'd be concerned that they would let ordinary construction workers from an independent firm anywhere near my deposit box, obviously unsupervised.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Also, what kind of idiotic company doesn't notice that the boxes they're crushing have stuff in them? Rylan's notion is more probable, I think...I know if I was in their place I wouldn't exactly pass up an opportunity like this
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
              X