Doubts over passport face scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DukeP
    I think that theres a tendency to present crime way out of proportions.

Take the London Bombing. Its a very tragic event, and I feel for all the involved, which is more or less most of Britain.

But the number of people killed and injured number less than 1/1.000 of the number of people killed by cars in the same area. Every year.

We dont march for the abolation of cars. Instead we just calculate the risc of dying and weights it against the advantages given.

The same should be done with crime.
    Take reasonable precautions and weight the burden of a heavier handed approach.

Is it really a good ideer to mark each living persons forehead with a tatoo? Or what about the far more efficient - mark each and every person with an implanted GPS broadcaster that logs your every move - hey - lets throw in a wireless voicerecorder on every person...

It would work.
    But it is not (imho) a reasonable approach, weighted against the size of the problem of crime.

And so fort...

~~DukeP~~
    Fair with me.
    And I'd also add that it would be...good if we understand ourselves better and try to change us a little (yeah...still some "ideals" living in me...), not our surroundings to more oppresive. And in the process we might gain other things... But I'm biased because of what I do...

Comment

Working...
    X