X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MURC keyfob.

Here's a new pic.
    as mentioned in another thread:

These are available for a donation of 10.00 to the MURC fund + shipping/mailing charges charges.
    if you want more than one, each additional one will require a donation of an extra 5.00.

it is approx .25" x .50" x 1.56"
    material is high carbon tool steel.

Those that expressed interest previously should PM myself to make arrangements (unless you already have)
    There are currently 9 left available, other than those saved for those who showed interest previoulsy.
    ALL donations will be forwarded to the MURC fund along with the nicks/amounts when they are all gone.

Please note, I am not making any money on these - I want to cover only my mailing costs with the rest of the proceeds going to MURC.

Plse, if you have requested one previously in the other thread, you must PM me to make arrangements, or I will make them re-available for anyone else after a week.
    Attached Files
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Sweet, got the cheque ready, just need to send it tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Wow, that's a cool picture Is it cropped or resized or both?

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's with my new FUJI s3000!
        cropped, but also resized smaller about 40% of original
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Nice pic. PM sent

Comment

PM sent
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Nice Job!

PM sent.

Comment

forgot to clarify, all mailing costs are in Canadian $, as is the donation amounts, but pls feel free to donate in US $ or more than the minimum if you wish
                I will take only what I require for mail costs, the rest will go to the MURC fund.
                I will post the total amount donated when all is done.

Comment

If you like things made of steel, here's something I did a while back (12 yrs or so) using a process called Wire EDM.
                  basically an electrically charged brass wire (.002 to .012") is used to 'burn' a path through steel.
                  The material is hardened tool steel about 62 Rc - you would go through a box of regular drill bits and still not be able to put a hole through this stuff.

it sits on top of my Yamaha sound system.
                  size is exactly (within .0005") 4.000x1.000x.500"

image is exactly as taken from camera -other than cropping.
                  it's amazing how many dust particles where on it - didn't see them till after I took the picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cool! I would love to have my own metal shop. You so lucky.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Impressive - Send the pic to yamaha canada

(clean the stuff first, or pretend it isn't dust, but glitter )

BTW, your Yamaha sound system has a granite top?

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az

BTW, your Yamaha sound system has a granite top?

AZ
                        LOL.

No, I placed it on the top of the granite surface table of my CMM (coordinate measuring machine) at work.

BTW - there are still keyfobs left for anyone interested!!

Comment

And they make excellent tree ornaments (the keyfobs)

Comment

OK I finally have my cheqeu ready. I'll PM you when it's posted
                            System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Neat. My dad's shop can do similar stuff with plastic. Not quite the same, but plastic is cool in its own way.

PM has been sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X