Cool toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
    I'd like to see how long it would actually take to burn through a sheet of steel before I waste my $1000.
    well, I operated an industrial laser a while back, and I don't ever recall operating it at less than 50 w (usually in the 200-500 W range), even with steel in the .020" range. I would think that the steel would dissipated the heat indefinetly at the power this produces. Basically it would never burn a hole in anything with a high melting temp as steel.
    the plastic cup in question was red (absorbs green light), very thin and had a low melting temp to boot.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

But this laser shows that the idea of using lasers as weapons are defiinitely practical - if somewhat scary.

I guess you could blind a man in less than 1 second with that one.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

If you want a LASER for doing some actual burning/cutting try one of these
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

LIZ
          on the bright side its only 500£ to the brits
          Now £490

no wait.....

£450

Hang on......

£420

breezer
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

try one of the items on the last link I sent.
            you can get a real laser for about the same money

Comment

Yup. You get into class IV lasers and you're into something truly dangerous.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X