ASIMO can run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASIMO can run

Honda's humanoid Robot, ASIMO, can run! It's only 3 km/h, but he completely loses contact with the ground for a fraction of a second every step.

I want one I think he's cute

Link: http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/ (there's a video somewhere in HDTV - "Honda Dreamers' TV" )

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I saw that yesterday on Daily Planet. It's got some nice movements, looks real. Funny how it arms go into a special position when it runs. Me and my roomate thought it was rather cute, and kinda funny but very cool!

Can't wait until they improve him even more.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

ASIMO's tech is on the move too. Saw some footage the other day of a legged "wheelchair" type deal for the handicapped. Almost looked like the lower part of a battle mech.

Very interesting, but a bit bulky in its current state of development.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Was more of a trot than a run

Comment

To me it looked like he left the potty a bit too soon

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You mean he has MO in his ASI?

Comment

maybe its fifth version or upgrade should be called ASIMO V
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior
                maybe its fifth version or upgrade should be called ASIMO V
                i dont think anyone got my joke
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                  ASIMO's tech is on the move too. Saw some footage the other day of a legged "wheelchair" type deal for the handicapped. Almost looked like the lower part of a battle mech.
                  Yep, it is this one, by Toyota:
                  This website is for sale! rightnation.us is your first and best source for information about Trump. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Dean Kamen (designer of the segway) also has designed a wheelchair based on similar technology. The wheelchair is capable of bringing somebody op or down stairs and also lift him higher up from the ground (easier conversation) by balancing on two wheels and it is capable of doing stairs. (allbeit very expensive)

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Interesting, didn't know the Yamaha stuff... but the idiot comments by the people of that site you linked to...

Belwarrior: Never fear, I got it. And that's also where Honda got the name ASIMO from

AZ

Comment

Yamaha? Don't you mean Toyota?

Actually, I remembered the name, so I just googled it and took the first site with pictures. (hadn't even read the comments)

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Oh yes, Toyota.. sorry, wasn't fully awake

AZ

Comment

Working...
                        X