'Law and Order' star Jerry Orbach dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Law and Order' star Jerry Orbach dies

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

We saw the sad news earlier. The wife is a big L&O fan. It looks like we'll still be able to see his last work when the new show airs next year.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Very sad.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Lately, he's been the only thing that's made Law & Order watchable. The writing has gotten really bad.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Orbach's deadpan delivery of one liners was one of the best things on TV. Too bad.....

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hey,
            Don't forget he was Lumiere in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
            ( Yes I have two little girls )
            R

Comment

Jerry Orbach was a fixture on Broadway in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Growing up in New York, and throughout my teens and early twenties, his name seemed to be on every other billboard and poster in the city. He was just huge.

Off-Broadway, in the late 50s, he was Mack the Knife in "The Three Penny Opera." In 1960, his career really took off when he originated the role of El Gallo in the Fantasticks, the longest running in the history of the New York theatre. He was Billy Flynn in the original cast of the musical "Chicago". (Richard Gere played the role in the film.) He also played the male leads in the original Broadway casts of "42nd Street" and "Promises, Promises" (for which he won a Tony). The New York Times called him "one of the last bona fide leading men of the Broadway musical... Mr. Orbach may have been the last of a breed: no male star since has matched the breadth and continuity of his career in musicals."

On Wednesday, they dimmed the lights on Broadway to note his passing.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X