No announcement yet.

new tire/wheel from Michelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they show freaking thumbnails pics the size of a peanut to show the technology without the option to enlarge!!!!!

Sheesh!

By the way, I like the technology, but I won't be buying a set anytime soon, because I don't think they are meant for performance say around a track at full force. or what about winter tread?

Regards,
    Elie

Originally posted by VJ
    Some other developments from Michelin:
    Pionnier de la science des matériaux depuis plus de 130 ans, Michelin construit un manufacturier leader mondial des composites et expériences qui transforment notre quotidien.

Tweel (above)
    Active wheel (wheel + suspension + engine inside it)

Jörg
    Last edited by Elie; 23 January 2005, 22:52.

Comment

The articles say they can adjust the lateral and vertical strength seperately and that it's more responsive than a conventional tire. As for winter tires, that's just a tread issue isn't it?

Comment

well with this type of contruction, you are bound to have snow in the tire itself, so I don't know how good that would be in reality.

Also the tread issue, snow tires have a deep tread with lots of cuts and grooves to increase grip on ice and snow, it's yet to be seen how they will manage a deep tread design, I'm pretty sure they can but the first issue is a concern.

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
          well with this type of contruction, you are bound to have snow in the tire itself, so I don't know how good that would be in reality.
          Just cover the sides in a rubber or some other polymer.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, I really doubt they'd leave the sides open like that, too many potential problems, including rocks (either accidentally or intentionally) getting stuck in the spaces causing a bumpy ride.

Comment

Yup, I'm pretty sure they're only open to demonstrate the tech.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                Yup, I'm pretty sure they're only open to demonstrate the tech.
                It has to be! Imagine getting a bunch of ice lodged in there then going on the highway? No way! Your car whole shake itself into pieces!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yep
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                  X