No announcement yet.

Horizon - Global Dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can remember that we were slipping back into an ice age at the end of the seventies. A run of cold winters were used as proof.

Also weren't we supposed to run out of fossel fuels years ago???

Got to agree though it would be nice to cut back on fuel consumption etc. However Business and Governments won't want to do that until they have no choice.

Why does 1997 Clio still do mid thirties around town at max just like my 1983 XR2 used to do? Fourteen years and no real progress.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
      Also weren't we supposed to run out of fossel fuels years ago???
      Nope, but it is expect relatively soon...

Why does 1997 Clio still do mid thirties around town at max just like my 1983 XR2 used to do? Fourteen years and no real progress.
      A catalitic converter (I hope I spelled it correctly) increases the fuel consumption. However, even with the higher fuel consumption, there still are fewer particles emitted.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Fewer particles and more complete combustion of HCs, but more greenhouse CO2 emitted.

However, I don't agree with the original idea. A modern car of a given engine size and weight has 10-20% better consumption than a comparable one of 20 years ago.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X