No announcement yet.

LotR gif - hilarious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umf, in The Hobbit they DO live in Middle Earth.. specifically in aeries atop the Misty Mountains. And they are one of the armies in the "Battle of Five Armies" toward the end of that book. There is much more about them written there than in LOTR. Also check out The Encyclopedia of Arda.

Comment

Uhm, forgot about that, only read that one, uhm, 20 years ago and don't have a copy here. Guess they did live in ME after all. Guess they join in when they see fit.

To be sure, the Eagles were not one of the"Five" armies, but they did participate, I read in the encyclopedia. Thx for that link

One more thing, aside from picking Gandalf from the tower, I don't think the eagles did anything else in LoTR that was mentionable. Sure, they picked up Frodo and Sam, but they'd either have made their own way or would have been lost, but the war was won then already.

All this talk of Eagles picking up makes me think of that London Underground song...
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Having said all that, these jokes are hilarious!
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

"ISDA" = "LOTR"
          Sorry, sometimes I forget to translate back and from Italian
          Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Whatch it or I'll start using Dutch, k?

Comment

I still think the catapault would have worked

Comment

Well, yeah, but you're an Aussie.

Comment

Working...
                X