American legal system beyond stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American legal system beyond stupidity

Oh my god! This has got to be the most insane thing I have read in a long time. Must...not...load...gun...and...kill...lady.

Two Durango teens thought they'd surprise neighbors with nighttime deliveries of home-baked treats. But one woman was so terrified, she sued and has won.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

That is just wrong

Comment

Someone needs to show her the real meaning of anxiety, and that judge needs to be disbarred for even hearing this case.

America, where the lowlife scum succeeds and good people are ripped up by the law. It disgusts me.

Comment

Young said she believes that the girls should not have been running from door to door late at night.

"Something bad could have happened to them," she said.
        Yeah like some psycho bitch from hell taking them to court and extorting money from them.

Comment

Comment

"I'm not gloating about it. I just hope the girls learned a lesson."
            What like don't do anything nice for other people

The judge said that he didn't think the girls acted maliciously but that it was pretty late at night for them to be out.
            They were 17 and 18 years old, does he expect them to be in bed by 9pm or something
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Well, honestly I'd be suspicous too if someone I didn't know showed up on my door step at 10:30pm offering cookies, but for Gods sake...

Comment

What does the woman do to trick or treaters?!?!?

Anxiety attacks are not at all nice (and don't I know that only too well, although I've not (quite) been hospitalised by one yet); but I wouldn't ever dream of taking someone to court over it. Heck; if I did that I wouldn't have any friends left. Although I don't suppose she has many right now...
                MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

I think the judge is an idiot

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Fear.

The most common disease of the West.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

no good deed goes unpunished
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Waste of court time.
                          Last edited by Fluff; 7 February 2005, 06:26.

Comment

Those girls get this crap on their record too, don't they? Something happened to me over the weekend, which I'm going to post about, and what my bro said applies here too.

Who has the better story in life?
                            The two girls who say they baked cookies as a suprise for neighbors or the lady who says she sued two girls who baked her cookies.
                            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Seriously, how could she even sue? And what could she sue for?

I don't know how it is in the US, but in Germany, you must choose a specific reason to sue (the only ones I could imagine would - with a WIDE stretch of the imagination - be trespassing, breach of the peace, and littering), and even if you could find a valid reason, the courts would have thrown this out because of unimportance. (not that our courts are not aching under the load of quarrelling neighbours suing over nothing...).

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X