No announcement yet.

Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd forgotten about shooting the monkey!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

hmmmm....
      Attached Files
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        i'd forgotten about shooting the monkey!
        There's more to monkeys than just spanking
        FT.

Comment

Anything which is not moving or flashing, not in bright colors, not using pop-ups or drop-downs or crap that forces you to click on it to close it and get it the hell outta the way is fine with me.

Comment

One thing I notice: if you ckick on an ad it takes the current browser window instead of opening a new window or tab.
            Dunno if there is a way to change that.
            Otherwise, they very unobtrusive.
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

cjolley: Yes, I have noticed that too... If that could be changed, it would indeed be nice!

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sorry out of my control I'm not allowed to mess with their code. I will fire off a question about it however.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

No problem (it just would save us the hassle when returning to MURC). But one can make the habit of using "right click" and "open in a new window".

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Just use Firefox and open the Ads in a new tab.
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

or Opera

Barely noticing them at the moment

Comment

Right click, open in new window. Not as convenient, perhaps, but at least you will burn 0.0008 calorie more doing it.

Comment

Well they don't seem too obtrusive so far. I haven't visited in a couple of days, and I didn't notice them at all until about ten minutes of reading. From what I've seen so far, the ads are relevant enough. I see Home Theater ads in the HTPC forum and Matrox ads in the MHW forum.

Comment

I am going to play a little bit with placement, locations etc. But I will stick with text only ads.

I can monitor which add placements, get more clicks, so I will try the different locations. any location that is generally ignored will go away and never bother us again.
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The problem with the ads is that the majority of the time they aren't visible if you select new posts in a thread. I normally don't see the ads unless I am reading the upper one or two posts on a page.

dshumake

Comment

I'm still not seeing them unless I refresh the page.
                                FT.

Comment

Working...
                                X