Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you need Dan

Got a link to a site that looks closest to what you plan?
    FT.

Comment

thinking either the 4x1 or the 2x1 text ads from the top section.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I'm happy to donate again btw.

Well if you are going to do it, it needs to be as effective as possible.

You probably don't want a debate on which format, but I'd vote for a right-hand skyscraper as that doesn't interrupt the flow or require any extra scrolling to get to what we are interested in, and remains on the screen for longer so may get more clicks.
        Last edited by Fat Tone; 21 February 2005, 00:54.
        FT.

Comment

I voted no. Sasq, I'm not trying to run you into expenses but I would like to think we all could come up with sufficient funds to keep this up by ourselves. How much is it annually anyway?

If it is costing you, by all means go ahead. For MURC itself I would not like it at all.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Currently runs to about $800USD anually.

I do have options regarding display of ads btw, I'm not really into the you have donated, you haven't side of things. But alternatly I could do something along the lines of non logged in users get ads, and tweak the cp, so they show or not...

Being honest, I am not keen on the idea of ads personally, but the google text ads are palatable. and not a damn monkey in sight

As I said, just open to options/ideas at this point.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

How much of the expenses would google adds cover?

Comment

I have no problem with ads at all, I just wonder if they would get enough clicks. How much does a click get you? I also have no problem with an annually or semi-annually fund raising campaign and donating my share. If going for google ads, please not the right hand side skyscraper ones, I have little enough horizontal screenspace as it is.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

How much did we raise then? I thought we had about 40 keyfobs.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                    How much of the expenses would google adds cover?
                    Depends on how often they are clicked really.

At this point, I am just considering a month or two month trial, and as I said, still just considering it.

If they work, great, if not, they go bye bye.
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

Sasq, I'm not trying to boss you around (not the expression I'm looking for, but ok) or anything. I just really like to know and if there is any way to keep ads from this site, I'd really like that (without having you to cover the bill alone that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                        How much did we raise then? I thought we had about 40 keyfobs.
                        Final came in about $400USDish give or take a few dollars.
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Well, $400 is a bit much to cover from me own wallet. If it has to be, than it has to be.....

Comment

@umf read your pm
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

LOL, pressed "deny receipt" by accident.

Comment

would be fine with the 2x1 as they seem to be the not very intrusive
                                "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                                X