What do you weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you weigh?

Here's a poll to see the spread (pardon the pun) of murcers weights. Are we all a sedentary bunch of lards, or do we spend enough time away from the keyboard to keep the extra pounds off?
    - more than 14 pounds
    0%
    - 1 to 14 pounds
    0%
    ideal weight!!!
    0%
    + 1 to 14 pounds
    0%
    +15 to 28 pounds
    0%
    +29 to 42 pounds
    0%
    +43 to 56 pounds
    0%
    >57 pounds
    0%
    FT.

Without even noticing I'd gained a lot of weight the last couple of years. I'm now in the process of burning it all off. I'm down 40lbs since late September.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Used to be chubbier, but a harsh term in school and work made me lose ~30 lbs. I then changed my diet and the weight has stayed off easily. Now I'm trying to add it back on as muscle.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

At 6'2" I was stuck at ~150 lbs for years.

Then about 5 years ago I started to put weight on and am now at about ideal weight of 190 lbs.

I could do with losing some round my middle though, so have changed my diet and increased my exercise. Aim is to lose a couple of inches off the waist.

Comment

LOL, I just looked at the thread title and numbers on the poll at first and thought I had wandered into the "anorexic beauty" forum

I'm technically at my ideal weight, but it really is distributed in a bunch of wrong places..having an increasing beer belly at 20 ain't funny I reaally should start going to the gym.
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Well my ideal weight isn't the size 29 (US) I used to wear back in uni, but it's not the size 38 I wear now either

Oddly (or not) enough I gained the majority of my weight while my wife was pregnant with our son. Hopefully I won't gain any more weight this time around
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

i'm a little chubby. nothing too bad, just trying to get rid of the spare tire. that being said, my weight is alright - a little heavier than I would like, but I could easily burn fat and keep the weight with muscle if I tried. probably wind up weighing more.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Actually I'm on a mission to lose 4 stone at the moment throughout 2005. Lost about 12-13 lbs so far. Got a competition with a friend and I don't intend to lose Plenty of cash involved.
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I weigh 176 pounds. I should ideally weigh about 165-170 pounds. I am definitely out of shape though. My back problems prevent me from working out the way I used to unfortunately

Oh, and I am 5' 9" or so.
                  Last edited by Helevitia; 20 February 2005, 16:50.
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Dave - you don't need to lose a thing But imagine me 50 pounds lighter...
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I am 18 years old right now, and I weight 108lb. Yes, I am very underweight. I love telling girls to guess how much I weight, and it always turns out that I am lighter than them. Hehehehe.

I hope I can keep it that way.

Eat more more more veteaables

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                        I weigh 176 pounds. I should ideally weigh about 165-170 pounds. I am definitely out of shape though. My back problems prevent me from working out the way I used to unfortunately

Oh, and I am 5' 9" or so.
                        pssssh. i'm 5' 10" and about 195lbs on a good day. a little over 2 years ago I weighed about 225lbs, and about a month and a half ago I weighed around 185lbs. I wanna try to get down to that weight again... the only positive is that I generally have muscle mass working against my weight...
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

5'8'' here and at 177 last I checked. I was 162 when I got married 2years 8 months ago, but the love of a good woman who loves cooking has me longing to be single again just so I would be slimmer. I don't know what it is, but I ate similar foods, then. Must be old age catching up with me or something.
                          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

6'8" ~290lbs
                            my doctor told me last I saw him that I should be around 220lbs.. I could not help laugh at that. I would be super skinny at 220.. 260-270 is more like it with my build as far as I can tell. Body mass index my rear.
                            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

5' 7" weighed 130 when I got married.
                              now at 150- 15 years later, was at a high of 165.
                              I have a light frame, and feel I should be around 145.
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X