Worst move EVER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst move EVER!!!!!

So a couple of you know that I lost my job due to downsizing, and I decided to use the severance package to move back to New England from Oregon.

Well I was due to fly out Monday morning with my two cats (not looking forward to that), and the moving truck was suppose to show up tomorrow. So I've been packing like crazy but take a moment to call today to verify when they are showing up tomorrow. Now they were suppose to call me but I was just being proactive.... glad I did. Turns out they have NO record of me in the system at ALL. Now when I scheduled this two weeks before I had a quote number from the bid site I found them through, the woman took my CC# for security (never charged, I checked). Now I was stupid and didn't get the woman's name.

The reason I went with this company was because they were $800 cheaper than EVERYONE else easily, even ABF UPack (don't get me started how expensive UHaul is)... now I know why they were so cheap. COMPLETELY nonprofessional. They are also based out of California and this guy seems to just be the weekend guy so I can't bitch out a manager until Monday and they don't seem to be unwilling to compensate in anyway either.

So I've called around and it seems all the moving companies don't answer their phone on the weekend (not surprised). So I just had to reschedule my tickets for next Saturday (the last day my vet papers allow me to fly my cats), rescheduled my phone and electricity for one more week and thankfully I had the apartment two more weeks anyway. If push comes to shove one of my friends will see the stuff gets loaded by movers after I leave, but I'll probably be able to find something this week.

All told I'm amazingly calm about this, since anger won't fix it. I will however complain about it to you all.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

By the way the friend that will be here if needed is also the one driving me to the airport. When I called her to tell her all this she literally asked me three times, "you're joking right?"

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I guess that $800 you saved was where they cut back on actually using computers and use the little yellow post-it notes instead. Yours just happened to fall off the wall.

Comment

yeah something.. geez. Actually the guy said he checked all the computer systems and didn't find squat. The woman must have written it all down and never did anything with it. I'm still in awe that he wasn't willing to do ANYTHING about it.

Comment

You could do one thing.. go to every forum out there and NAME the company.

Comment

This is them and I WILL be posting a review of them on the bid site I found them at

Comment

Where are they in California? Maybe some of the local MURCers could give them a "visit"? ... jk

I got so tired of moving from apartment to apartment over the years that I've never moved since buying a home ... and it's been decades now.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Have you seen the BBB report on this company???

<hr>
                BBB Reliability Report

All Star Moving
                555 Horning St
                San Jose, CA 95112

General Information
                Phone Number: (408) 245-8947
                BBB Membership: This company is not a member.
                Type-of-Business Classification: Movers
                Website Address: www.all-starmoving.com

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. Specifically, our records show a pattern of non-response to consumer complaints as well as a pattern of unresolved complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau.

The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.

The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's file was opened on April 25, 2002 or over the last 36 months, whichever is less. All Star Moving has had 48 complaints. 4 were closed as Resolved. 33 were closed as Assumed Resolved. 5 were closed as Unresolved. 2 were closed as Administratively Judged Resolved. 4 were closed as No Response. Of these complaints: 3 were concerning Selling Practices. 2 were concerning Advertising Issues. 17 were concerning Service Issues. 3 were concerning Credit or Billing. 19 were concerning Delivery Issues. 1 was concerning Refund Practices. 2 were concerning Contract Disputes. 1 was concerning Repair Issues.

License Information
                This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Additional Information
                Additional Addresses: 1070 Stewart Dr #1, Sunnyvale, CA 94085-3915
                Additional Phone Numbers: 800-411-5155, 800-698-1110
                Last edited by SitFlyer; 26 February 2005, 18:19.

Comment

Yeah, well as much as I love Oregon I always meant ot move back east. Not to mention I work in IT and you can't move without hitting one of us out here. THat and Oregon as the second worse unemployment rate in the country right now.

Comment

Thanks SitFlyer.. yeah I've been thinking about calling them monday. This is truly special.

Comment

Hehe, I've got a CDL, you find a truck and trailer for rent and load it, I'll drive it for ya.

Comment

Sorry to say this, DP, but this is another wake-up call to the current "better-deal" culture created by Wal-Mart and the Korean-Chinese manufacturers. Cheaper usually means crappier. Believe it.

Comment

Moving information

DP, you may want to check out these sites.

movingadvocateteam.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, movingadvocateteam.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Free consumer advice to avoid being scammed by moving companies so you can hire the right moving company for your local, long distance or international move

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            Sorry to say this, DP, but this is another wake-up call to the current "better-deal" culture created by Wal-Mart and the Korean-Chinese manufacturers. Cheaper usually means crappier. Believe it.
                            "Cheap" is nothing new. The phrase "Made in Japan" used to mean cheap decades ago.

I'm almost tempted to drive by this place in Sunnyvale to check it out but it's probably just another hole-in-the-wall outfit nestled into a commercial business strip.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'll check out those sites SitFlyer. As for getting the Walmart special. I was aware of the possible problem but I have a VERY limited budget so I was cutting corners. I do agree that you get what you pay for though, and generally avoid Walmart like the plague.

Comment

Working...
                              X