• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSORN

Electronic Sex Offender Registration and Notification

yaiks

BTW where is the "topic smilie"?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

The office of Attorney General of Ohio disclaims liability for any errors or omissions.
    Even if they post a non-sex-offender there!!!!!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The AG should be reported. Teaches him about idiotic disclaimers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
        Of course! Everybody knows you can't sue the government, even though it can legally commit any crime it wants to..

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          Of course! Everybody knows you can't sue the government, even though it can legally commit any crime it wants to..
          Is that a fact in the US? I can hardly believe it (and I think you;re just making this up to make the US look bad, really). Here we can though. But then, we are the best country in the world, so ithat stands to reason I guess.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I wonder when our pm is going to be sued for breaching Harry Potter trademarks...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              Ahum, I don't think so. They would not be able to do that you see? You can only disclaim liability vis-a-vis a counterparty, e.g. someone who uses your services or procucts (and even this can be challenged in court, succes probability depending on circumstances). You can not disclaim liability as a defence against someone who has suffered damages, insult or injury etc. becuase you spread false data about such person without you hvaing asked them to publish anything.

I think they mean to say they disclaim liability as a defense against users of the site, that's all, and probably not that unreasonable.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                I wonder when our pm is going to be sued for breaching Harry Potter trademarks...
                Or the other way around. "Prior art"?

Comment

Working...
                X