No announcement yet.

Clive Owen for Bond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and the Communism factor made those movies pretty cool too...I think Roger Moore was by far the worst Bond, he really looked nothing like an English gentleman. That casting decision was on par with making Adam West Batman
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Roger Moore was actually ian flemmings choice for bond, but he was tied up in playing the saint so we got Connery instead

Peirce Brosnan was the choice for the replacement if Moore, but Brosnan was tied up with Remington Steele so we got Dalton instead
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

What they need is to select whoever for Bond, then let him get captured for the entire movie and the rest of MI-5 gets crippled, then MI-5 pulls all the old bonds from retirement calling Connery 001 Moore 003 etc, to have them save the latest one 8P
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          ew. I agree with Clive Owen. I actually think Timothy Dalton made a damned good Bond.
          Yeah that guy (sorry Liz!) doesn't do anything for me.

Dalton accurately captured Bond's tortured side, but he just wasn't... suave enough.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
            What they need is to select whoever for Bond, then let him get captured for the entire movie and the rest of MI-5 gets crippled, then MI-5 pulls all the old bonds from retirement calling Connery 001 Moore 003 etc, to have them save the latest one 8P
            This isn't Dr. Who, you know!
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Latest rumor is that Daniel Craig is hot favourite at 1/3 odds.
                Clive Owen at 6/1 has been overtaken by Julian McMahon (the bloke from Nip/Tuck and Charmed) at 4/1 odds.
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                  Latest rumor is that Daniel Craig is hot favourite at 1/3 odds.
                  Clive Owen at 6/1 has been overtaken by Julian McMahon (the bloke from Nip/Tuck and Charmed) at 4/1 odds.
                  I like Julian McMahon... but isn't he a bit... uh... American... to play Bond? Where are you getting these odds?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    I like Julian McMahon... but isn't he a bit... uh... American... to play Bond? Where are you getting these odds?
                    McMahon was actually born in A Land Down Under. Maybe he does a good British accent? Renee Zellweggeggegger and Gwyneth Paltrow managed it.

Odds are from Ladbrokes, reprinted on the BBC News website.
                    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

What are the odds on them putting in a CGI Sean Connery from 30 years ago?
                      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
                        What are the odds on them putting in a CGI Sean Connery from 30 years ago?

Funny thing is they are making a video game using connery's voice and others from the movies to make a from russia with love game (cnn story)
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

"Maybe he does a good British accent?"

The real Bond, Sean Connery, is a Scot.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                            McMahon was actually born in A Land Down Under. Maybe he does a good British accent? Renee Zellweggeggegger and Gwyneth Paltrow managed it.

Odds are from Ladbrokes, reprinted on the BBC News website.
                            It would have been interesting if Renee Zellweger married Arnold.. then hyphenated her last name.

Renee Zellweger-Schwarzenegger.. hmm.. sure would push everyone else off the Marquee!

Comment

Renee Zellweger-Schwarzenegger

They could just shorten it to "Ze-Schwarz" as in "May Ze-Schwarz be with you."
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

British actor Daniel Craig picked as new James Bond

If this story on Yahoo is correct, then Clive Owen is most definitely not going to be the next Bond. Despite what I've said about doubting Owen as Bond a bit, this guy really does not fit the image.
                                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                                X