another flying first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

(hmm, my adrenaline rush seems to be over... )

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much has it cost you to get to the point of a solo flight like that?
    Let's see...
    The enrolment in the club + theory lessons (almost one year!) costed about € 800. The plane costs 1.35 €/min (includes everything: fuel, ...), and the instructor 0.60 €/min (I know have over 30 hours, a minimum of 45 hours is required before you can go to an exam, but in practise it is closer to 60 hours).
    Of course, one also has to add the cost of the medical examination, cost of the theory exam, cost of the practise license (don't remember the cost of these three ) and the cost of any hardware you purchase (headset - not yet required, but I already have one; maps; kneeboard; ...).
    (flying in the future will only cost me the club membership, which isn't much the airplane cost and the taxes on the airports where I land)

I feel its costs could compare to motorcycling: the purchase of a (new) bike, maintenance, insurance, ...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well done Jörg!
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Short follow-up:
        When I taxied towards the runway, there was a guy just outside the airfield with either a bazooka , or a very big zoom lens . Apparently, it is the latter, because I think this is me:
        c/n F.1290.. OO-AYA. Reims-Cessna F150M. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

(date is correct, plane registration matches, airfield is the same, it looks like on of my shirts, and the headset is black - most are green, but mine is also black)

Meanwhile, my second solo navigation (last Saturday) also was a succes!

Jörg
        Last edited by VJ; 25 April 2005, 07:09.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Needless to say I needed some refreshment and offered some dinks in the bar for celebration:
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

nice jet!

Comment

Working...
            X