HBO's Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xortam
    schmosef ... No time to get into it right now but you can read the synopsis from all the episodes at http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/episode/index.shtml .

I think he was talking about Carnvale...not Deadwood! LOL
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
      I think he was talking about Carnvale...not Deadwood! LOL
      You're right ... oops. I was late and rushing out the door when I posted that (Go Giants!). Here's the synopsis for the first show of this season of Carnivale, and you can find them all on their site.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

looks like Carnivale is dead after this season:

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

No great loss.

IMO there hasn't been a good cable series since Tales From The Crypt and The Outer Limits.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            No great loss.

IMO there hasn't been a good cable series since Tales From The Crypt and The Outer Limits.
            Oz? Sopranos?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
              looks like Carnivale is dead after this season:

http://scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31008
              Sorry to hear that. We were always riveted to the T.V. when that show aired. I was really looking forward to seeing where they'd continue from that ending. I had thought we were done after the previous season and was surprised when they announced the second season. The finale of the second season certainly left the door open for a follow on. Oh well, there's plenty of other great HBO and Showtime series that we're hooked on.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Oz? Sopranos?
                Can't stand either.

Sopranos;

if Tony S. had really seen a psychologist his own cappo's would have nailed him halfway thorugh the second episode. All else was just low-class soap opera.

Oz;

sorry, but I can't generate any empathy for a bunch of lowlife criminals. Halfway through the second episode I was hoping someone would nuke the place & cure all their ills.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hey, I thought this thead was abandoned! I didn't realise that xortam answered me.

Anyway, I figured out that I'd missed the last episode of the first season and found a synopsis

Everything fit into place from there.

I've watched the entire second season and wasn't too satisfied with the ending. I thought that what they did at the end was a desperate attempt to get renewed. It didn't work. They shouldn't have tried to extend the story further.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                    Hey, I thought this thead was abandoned! I didn't realise that xortam answered me. ...
                    ... and here I went through all that labour.

Originally posted by schmosef
                    ... I've watched the entire second season and wasn't too satisfied with the ending. I thought that what they did at the end was a desperate attempt to get renewed. It didn't work. They shouldn't have tried to extend the story further.
                    I wouldn't call it a desperate attempt but as I said, leaving the door open. I enjoyed the mysticism and could relate to a lot of it there.

Comment

Working...
                    X