Anti-static dryer sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-static dryer sheets

Anyone use an alternative to Bounce or Snuggles type sheets? I'm looking for something that is more reusable, doesn't coat the clothes with chemicals to work and also doesn't do fabric softening (which is probably related to b).

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

I dunno man, I wish you good luck on that hunt. You can get fragrance-free and dye-free versions of stuff similar to bounce and snuggle. But seriously - reuseable? They cost like a tenth of a cent apiece.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I use Downy dryer sheets. Anyway, like Gurm said... you can get hypo-allergenic versions of them.

Hrm.. I just did a google for kicks and got this:

Comment

What's wrong with just putting 1/2 - 1/2 cup of liquid fabric sofetner in the washer? Unless your washer doesn't have a fabric softener dispenser (are there any?) this is cheaper than sheets, simple and hypoallergenic.

IF you're dead-set on using the dryer then try this;

Dilute regular liquid softener 50-50 with water and put it in a spray bottle. Now spary a light coating on either a coffee filter or an old washcloth. Throw this into the dryer and POOF!

Instant dryer sheets without the allergens.

After a few cycles cloth "sheets" should be washed to get rid of any buildup, but the coffee filters can just be tossed after a few uses.

Some companies have commercialized this idea by selling little porous balls that you load with a small amount of liquid softener and toss into the dryer, but coffee filters and washclothes are a lot cheaper.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well you guys got the hypoallergenic part, but I guess I forgot to mention that I have a lot of stuff that isn't supposed to be washed with fabric softeners: quick drying polyester sports wear and Dockers' no-wrinkle, teflon coated pants.

Reusable was because I figured what the hell, go all the way if I can...
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

LOL, nothing like a bunch of guys talking about fabric softners!!!

How are them Blue Jays?

Comment

Hey Elie....remember that I'm a househusband. You know...wife teaches and I take care of the house, studio, studio toys and Erik

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yeah, man... haven't you seen doc in an apron? SEEEEXXXYYY!

Comment

SEEEXXXXYYYY or SCCAAARRRYYY ? LOL

Comment

You guys had better see the irony and humor in that post of mine..

Comment

No apron, but the wife thinks I'm sexy

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well I spent the listening to the NFL draft, playing football and doing apartment chores...

Comment

Working...
                        X