• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the Serenity Trailer!

Check out the Serenity Trailer!

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

A posting by Joss.

Hey Browncoats-

Joss has some special news for you posted on the message boards.

http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/...topic&t=10362s.

Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
    Austin
    Sacramento
    Boston
    Altanta
    Chicago
    San Francisco
    Las Vegas
    Denver
    The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. There's supposed to be a "Can't Stop the Signal" page on this website (I don't know where it is -- hey, I remembered my damn password, doesn't that buy me any cred?) There should be more info there soon about how to get in, bringing peeps into the fold, I think there's even competetions and stuff. (All I know is I have exactly 20 Brownie points. I answered ONE triv Q and got it wrong. Forget cred. I have no cred.) Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

All right. This will please the fans and satisfy the employers of Joss Whedon, so I must stop as my arm-lasers are getting tired. I politely thank you for your attention.

Should be fun.

-j.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

In case any of you have been asleep for the past few days the Serenity trailer is out on apple.com! Check it out here

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Comment

1080i version

It requires QT7. I guess this is MAC only?

Comment

I can't WAIT for this movie. Anyone that hasn't seen the show Firefly needs to watch it immediately. Netflix is your friend for this.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Trailer looks damn good, but we know how that goes

I'd kinda blown-off the original television series, but I might have to check it out.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            Trailer looks damn good, but we know how that goes

I'd kinda blown-off the original television series, but I might have to check it out.
            and you DO have netflix
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              1080i version

It requires QT7. I guess this is MAC only?
              I wonder if HD in QT7 will require the same outlandish system specs that HD-WMV requires ... hmmm ... probably Damn I need an upgrade.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Played fine on my iBook G4. It is, however, only available for Mac at the moment.
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

blew off the TV sieres, never saw it and I never saw a reason to watch it. this looks ****ing awesome though.
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

DGhost,
                    It's not sci-fi stories in a sci-fi setting as much as it is human stories in a futuristic world. Some do call it a sci-fi western. The sci-fi is not shoved in your face. The characters are all working outside/against the law for various reasons including greed, they were on the losing side of a civil war, married to one of the others, business convenience, men with "hands of blue" are hunting her down for experiments, for helping his sister escape from the men with "hands of blue", it was a job to get her off world, etc . . .

The characters are defined mostly if not completely by actions and conversations that are part of the story and not by explanations. The viewer gets to see River's viewpoint in one instance when she is having trouble with reality. The scene has her frolicking through a beautiful field and she picks up something on the gound. She starts to hear yelling and the scene switches to her in the main hold holding a gun in hand with the crew trying to get her to put it down. Before this she just seems like some nutcase.

Comment

Working...
                    X