Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wreckage of Narnia - a failed legacy for our children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'd dismissed the Harry Potter movies and books for a long time. Finally saw one of the movies courtesy of a hairy admin and have watched all the others. Haven't quite made time for reading the books yet, but I plan to.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
      There was a series of books I read when I was in fifth grade (IIRC) that I always remember as the Chronicles of Narnia, but as I hear them being talked about as books that are suitable for children, I'm starting to doubt that they're one in the same. See the books I remember have some rather obvious sexual overtones at times.
      ... sexual overtones? Uhh... dude, not sure you're remembering the right Narnia.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

As I said, I associated the name with Narnia, but didn't really think that was correct.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Gimme the Narnia with the sexual overtones!
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            As I said, I associated the name with Narnia, but didn't really think that was correct.
            Well now that you're mentioning it, I'm racking my brain trying to remember the stuff I read back then and there WAS something that I found to be quite salacious at the time (me being in 4th grade and all) but I can't remember what it was to save my life.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X