darn insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn insomnia

I'm meeting a customer @ 9am sharp to review a proposal for a $100K project.

It's more of a formality really; we already have the business in principle. The money's not going to be a big deal either. We're already doing another project for them that's worth around that much.

I'm just annoyed that I can't sleep 'cause my sleep schedule is so screwed up. I'm usually working this late (and haunting the MURC). I try to make all my meetings for the afternoon because I like to sleep into the late morning but this time my customer required that I meet him in the morning.

I know I'm not going to be on top of my game. I hope I don't give something up in the negotiation.

I'm so wide awake! Normally I'd just stay up and not sleep before the meeting but I have other work to do on Friday and a couple of customers to visit too so I have to get a few hours in or I'll be useless by noon.

Wish me luck guys!
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

find some reruns with Bryant Gumbol in them, usually gets me to sleep in about 35 seconds
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I tried watching TV but the only shows on are so annoying that I couldn't watch them.

I haven't had time to download anything interesting lately either.

Comment

I would have thought that newscasts repeating the same thing in the ME each day would send you off. They do me!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

They tend to make my blood boil!

News about Cyprus would probably put me under.

Comment

Never watch the Cyprus news for that reason All the local politicians jockeying to get their daily TV exposure and then saying nothing but platitudes, while all their henchmen stand like idiots behind them, trying unsuccessfully to look intelligent or even awake. Z-z-z-z-z-z! From the President down, they all lose face at each appearance.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

"Eating for Sleep"....

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Take some valerian, Gurm suggested it to me and it helps calm you down enough to fall asleep and it's all natural so you don't wake up groggy. Plus it's non-addictive and induces normal sleep patterns.

I've battled insomnia for years and so far, that's the best solution.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The problem I'm getting to sleep is with my neck. I guess rythmatic in nature as I've also started suffering from stiff fingers and toes in the mornings. Annoying becuase I like to be cool at night and if I have my window open both fingers and toes are worse.

Rather funny the other morning as I had a attack of cramp and that combined with stiff feet mean't I nearly fell over when getting out of bed.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    Well, I started reading that article and it worked; just two paragraphs in and I was feeling drowsy. Trouble is that it's now 2 in the afternoon and I have to go visit a customer.

I guess I have some bedtime reading for tonight.

BTW, my meeting went well. We're meeting again on Monday afternoon for a different project and to kick this one off.

Comment

Working...
                    X