No announcement yet.

"Mississippi Burning" case sentence....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a ballpark, I would say Umf is implying as no court had convicted a white man of killing a black man at that point in time, it would also have been unlikely to find juriors that would convict someone for killing white men, who were 'black sympathisers' either.

but i could be wrong
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
      but i could be wrong
      That's a negative and that ain't cause you're the site administrator.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
        Even if this is so, he still killed (or conspired to kill) two white people too.
        Sorry, should have said "or civil rights workers." If they'd tried him back then, he would have walked, and double jeopardy would have protected him. It was better to wait.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X